Magura Evo Mounts?

Phreemann

I've just got a new frame that doesn't have 4-bolt mounts, and I'm wondering about how best to fit an HS33 to it. I know I'll need the Evo mounts, but what kind of booster do I need?

I know I'll need the clamps, but do I have to have the original booster arch thing?

This (thanks PaRtZ for the image):

gallery_6800_1724_139899.jpg

Can I use my Gu 4-bolt booster instead?

Sorry for the n00bish question. :$

EDIT:

Just from looking at the Magura PDF, am I right in thinking I could use my booster with the original Evo mounts (circled) but not the Evo2 mounts?

picture1fp2.jpg

Edited by Phreemann

The item you have pictured is not a booster but an Evo2 Mounting plate, it is used to keep the brakes aligned and thus easy setting up.

You don't have to use the mounting plate but it is reccommended, the best boosters for the mounting plates are the little flimsy two bolt magura ones.

Although saying that, there are 4 bolt holes but only 2 go into the frame.

I think it would work but not to the same power as it would on a 4 bolt.

Only one way to find out, try it. (Y)

Definitely.

You could try to bodge on two standard magura boosters for extra stiffness, it's been done, fairly sure it's not too hard, maybe just a case of putting 2 boosters on.

You can only use a magura booster or a v brake booster, as the frame/v brake mounts are closer together than 4 bolt mounts, so no 'normal' trials booster will work with it.

A v booster will be fine.