Crank Problems (isis)

jandamna

Hi guys

Basically, I bought some second hand tensile ISIS cranks, they are the 05 Tensiles I think, and then I also bought a brand new Atomz ISIS BB.

So I fitted them, and it was all fine for a couple of days, but then the crank bolt keeps coming loose, and I really dont know how to stop this, anyone got any bodge jobs to stop them coming loose? Thanks

Jan

You should take it to a bike shop and get them to put lock tight on the bolts that way they won't come lose for quite a while and when they do just get more put on the bolts. :)

Local bike shops are rip off merchants...They'd probably charge you a fiver to do it. As you say, just buy some loctite and do it yourself and you're sorted. Maybe you could then charge your mates £5 each to do theirs ;)

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

if you dont have any thread lock handy(like i did lol) use a bit of tar on the threads then tighten them to fck

works for a couple of days

Or you could urm.... NOT.... Tar will do not good... its f**king sticky and will just be messy, i doubt it would do any harm to the threads but pleaaaaase dont do it! a light locktite is not expensive and can be used on a few bits on your bike... like rotor bolts and stuff......