My New Dob Magnesium Frame

Alex-Mitchinson

Go dual disc, there's a reason why every mode of transport uses Discs to slow down over hydraulic 'rim' brakes. It's a fact that they're better. Hydraulic rim braking is a Trials fad, that'll die out eventually when everyone realises discs are better.

Edited by Scopse

Go dual disc, there's a reason why every mode of transport uses Discs to slow down over hydraulic 'rim' brakes. It's a fact that they're better. Hydraulic rim braking is a Trials fad, that'll die out eventually when everyone realises discs are better.

Hopefully they won't when ceramic/plazmatic coated rims are available.

Hopefully they won't when ceramic/plazmatic coated rims are available.

I used a Plazmatic coated rim years ago, I didn't get on with it. Cant help but think the guy who sold it to me didn't get on with it either, otherwise he wouldnt have sold it!

Rear disk are shite! vee brakes kick disks arses anyday.

you cant compare say a bloody cars brakeing to a fooking trials bike, there completely different, since when do you need your brakes to be able to slow you down from 100mph on a trials bike.

Edited by basher

looks a nice frame... nice feel??

just a little thought, magnesuim frames can be a bit naughty if the paint gets chipped/damaged leaving the bare metal exposed to corrode(dunno if anyone remembers the kirk frames or even the merida manufactured carrera mag frames?) meaning when the frame gets water on it(where there is no paint) it will turn to powder(doesn't take to long)

so what i'm asking is do you know if these frames are traeted (galvanised) or anything along these lines?or have you got a life of cleaning/inspecting you bike for going in a huff?

not being negative and shit though?

kenny

looks a nice frame... nice feel??

just a little thought, magnesuim frames can be a bit naughty if the paint gets chipped/damaged leaving the bare metal exposed to corrode(dunno if anyone remembers the kirk frames or even the merida manufactured carrera mag frames?) meaning when the frame gets water on it(where there is no paint) it will turn to powder(doesn't take to long)

so what i'm asking is do you know if these frames are traeted (galvanised) or anything along these lines?or have you got a life of cleaning/inspecting you bike for going in a huff?

not being negative and shit though?

kenny

Yeh it rides lovely, higher bb and a bit shorter than my t-pro. Not flexy at all, thought it would be a lot worse.

Well i dont have a clue if it has been treated or not. Spose I will just have to be careful and keep an eye on it. Can't really be careful with a trials frame though lol.

oh my god THATS LUSH!!!!!!!

can i have it please? (Y)

No, but thanks.

Sell your pile of shit (RS) and get a DOB. Then spend remainder of money on a derbi.

Edited by alex jersey