Hope Mono Trial On Street Bike?

Blommah

post-8928-1191525062_thumb.jpg

So im planning on getting a new disc brake rear for my Specialized P.2.

Right now im having hayes sole disc brakes, it`s the worst piece of sh*t i`ve ever used, didnt really think you could go that wrong with hydraulics, but obviously, hayes could.

Since i`m also a trialsrider and really love the bite of my hope mono trial front on my GU, i was thinking about getting the same on my jump bike, but rear instead.

I think it`s enough good modulation and really good bite for my trialsbike, and i want a really good bite on my street/dirt bike aswell.

What do you think? Would it work?

Alright, will check it out, thanks =).

Whats the difference between "real" hydraulics and hayes so1e?

real hydraulics are capable of slowing a bike down ;)

no, only kidding: so1es are kindof a budget brake that are produced to go on bikes so they can be cheaply specced to have hydraulic discs without too much cosideration for performance

Whats the difference between "real" hydraulics and hayes so1e?

Soles are made really cheaply. I think that's the biggest problem. But they also only have one moving pad, so you lose all the advantages of an open system brake, and you constantly have to adjust for pad wear. Also this probably reduces their power, but then again the BB7s only have one moving pad and they're powerful enough. They're also made by Hayes which automatically relegates them to the bottom of the pile :P

The codes are full-on DH brakes. They're really heavy but apparently immensely powerful. Complete overkill on a DJ bike though.

Right now im having hayes sole disc brakes, it`s the worst piece of sh*t i`ve ever used, didnt really think you could go that wrong with hydraulics, but obviously, hayes could.

That is one funny comment :lol:

I've got one them disks here, never used it, came on the Megamo. The bb7 is on there at the moment but still wouldn't mind trying the Hayes. I guess it'll be a bit better on smaller wheels.

Martyn Ashton uses them on his jump bike if i remember rightly from looking at MBUK. seems ok to me.

tim

if a pro rider uses them it doesn;t neccesarily mean its good, especially hope's giving him loads of free stuff to advertise on MBUK.

don't get mono trial for street it overheats so quickly its ridiculous, if you look in the hope catalogue it says its suitable for trials use only.

HFX9's are pretty good for street.

steve