Heatsink 26''?

JohnyMilton

Well I was out with my dog, ans I was think 'mmmm....I might get a 24'' bike again....*thinking*...what about a Heatsink 24uk?......*thinks again*...Did heatsink use to have a 26'' frame?'

And my dog also rememebers its! (that was a joke, haha)!

So yea I was wondering did Heatsink release a 26'', if so what happend to it?

Anyone got any pics?

Its a bit of a short thread, but was just wondering!

Cheers to all who leave me a comment! lol

Johny!

Edited by JohnyTrials

Hi,

I did briefly have a small stock of 26" frames available to test the market, but naturally for a smaller company like HSB it makes sense to spot those niches which others may have overlooked (It can be easier for smaller, more accessible companies to pick up on riders' demands) rather than try and dive head long into an already busy market. Hence the move in the long run to get firmly behind a 24" street trials frame in the 24UK rather than offering Mods and Stock frames.

Here are some photos to satisfy your curiousity!

26-800.jpg

heatsink26l.jpg

heatsink263l.jpg

Steve

That is a sexy peice of frame, I understand what you mean, about moving in to the 24'' market, but do you manage to sell all the frames you got made? and what kind of niches did you find?

What was the Geo on that beast?

Cheers Steve!

Edited by JohnyTrials

The original frame details are still available to check out here

All the frames are sold, and although there was interest from UK riders, they were all snapped up by riders outside the UK. Despite their relatively low price, they didn't sell quickly so didn't look a hot product for the future. There are just so many 26" frames out there for riders to choose from.

I realised that a better prospect was instead to listen to demand from riders for a product to plug the gap in the market for seated 24" frames, so this took priority.

Taking about niches in general, I've come to realise that each product I think of releasing has to be very carefully evaluated so that it doesn't get overwhelmed in the market place by loads of competition. Components are expensive to get made in the UK, and one foot wrong with a product that doesn't sell is more catastrophic for a smaller firm than a larger one which can absorb these set backs.

Steve

That is a sexy peice of frame, I understand what you mean, about moving in to the 24'' market, but do you manage to sell all the frames you got made? and what kind of niches did you find?

What was the Geo on that beast?

Cheers Steve!

The Geo looked a beast on that frame and for £200 I think it would sell very well if you brought it back into the market.(but obvisoly not all frames will sell with good geos )

Matt Rushton

Nah i dont think it would, looks abit unintresting to me and as though theres hardly any stand over compared with newer frames coming out at the moment. id be tempted to say it looks like the old levelboss

The original frame details are still available to check out here

All the frames are sold, and although there was interest from UK riders, they were all snapped up by riders outside the UK. Despite their relatively low price, they didn't sell quickly so didn't look a hot product for the future. There are just so many 26" frames out there for riders to choose from.

I realised that a better prospect was instead to listen to demand from riders for a product to plug the gap in the market for seated 24" frames, so this took priority.

Taking about niches in general, I've come to realise that each product I think of releasing has to be very carefully evaluated so that it doesn't get overwhelmed in the market place by loads of competition. Components are expensive to get made in the UK, and one foot wrong with a product that doesn't sell is more catastrophic for a smaller firm than a larger one which can absorb these set backs.

Steve

Well Thanks Steve for all that info, thats all my questions answered!

Cheers!

Johny!

Nah i dont think it would, looks abit unintresting to me and as though theres hardly any stand over compared with newer frames coming out at the moment. id be tempted to say it looks like the old levelboss

I have to agree, even id it had a amazing geo. So many of riders these days take the looks of the frame into consideration more than anything, and sometimes dont even look at the geo of it. Proberly why the gu sold so well and now the czar.

I think steve if you did go into making them again that you should aswell as making the goe sweet of course look into making it a interesting frame design as that seems to be one of the bigest factors these days. Proberly why deng sells so well as its all colourfull and cnced to look cool lol

I have to agree, even id it had a amazing geo. So many of riders these days take the looks of the frame into consideration more than anything, and sometimes dont even look at the geo of it. Proberly why the gu sold so well and now the czar.

I think steve if you did go into making them again that you should aswell as making the goe sweet of course look into making it a interesting frame design as that seems to be one of the bigest factors these days. Proberly why deng sells so well as its all colourfull and cnced to look cool lol

Well said. (Y)

The new Czars are available wth a rear disc mount as well, which is why I like them, and the geo seems ok.

CZAR:

Wheelbase: Short 1005mm

Chainstay Length: 362mm

BB Rise: 50mm

Head Angle: 71.5 degrees

MY ECHO LITE:

Wheelbase: 1005mm

Chainstay Length: 362mm

BB Rise: 55mm

Head Angle: 72 degrees

As you can see, very little difference, But I would hate my bb to be any lower to be honest, or higher. Every other bike I have ridden feels like the bb is either too high or too low.

That's why I have, "bodged", as some like to say, a disc mount onto the back. I think I have done really well, it doesn't rub at all and the mount doesn't flex at all, and it just does it's job, so who really cares? It is heavy, it will be lighter soon.

But back too the Heatsink. I think it would be a good move to start making them again, but copy the geo from the old Ashton's. Why? Because the new Ashton will have more Dengish geo, higher bb and all that.

It also looks much nicer than Any Ashton, apart from Ali C's white proto.

The 24UK's kick ass. I ride alot with Fred Judd who had one. Absolutely loved it,so nice to ride! But Im a bit big for it so need 26" really.

Still waiting for Steve to come out and say hes making some more 26's and one will definatly be mine!!!!!

Tarq

as steve has said he has chose the product to develop wisely.

there is alot of choice and options in the UK market. in fact so much so, as someone above has mentioned, the difference between a short and a long is the wheelbase, then other geo such as b/b height etc differs between the models.

so between all the deng stuff there is a bike that pretty much suits anyone and everyone. i think the problem at the moment is, that his frames are not the "lightest" around and someone looking for that more "niche" orientated product that is lighter etc customers are buying products such as koxx and Monty.

Trials nower days needs more thought and effort in buying a frame, as opposed to a couple of years ago when you had X,Y and Z to choose from. dont get me wrong this is great, but for the novice rider getting into it you just need to say "this is what you need" as opposed to "if you do this that and the other you need this, or if you do that this and t'other, you need this 1"

Wayne.

El muelio for Steve @ HSB to make a 26" frame he sort of needs an order and guarantee that the Geo put to the bike he develops is what the "majority" or the trials market would buy into. im going to be riding a 1090 wheelbase bike for 2008 that has been designed around World Champions, but il just have to adapt to the Geo. i wish to ride this bike as i really like the look of the bike.

I just thought that now the old Ashton that a lot of people liked has stopped being made, it might be a niche that many people would like to buy? Doesn't the 04 Echo Pure have similar geo as well, because all you stock type people seem to like them.

It was just a basic idea, I don't understand Stock geo as well as Mod geo really, and it's probably not the most fanacially profitable thing ever anyway.

I just thought that now the old Ashton that a lot of people liked has stopped being made, it might be a niche that many people would like to buy? Doesn't the 04 Echo Pure have similar geo as well, because all you stock type people seem to like them.

It was just a basic idea, I don't understand Stock geo as well as Mod geo really, and it's probably not the most fanacially profitable thing ever anyway.

I uderstand what you mean, casue a lot of 'us' stock riders liked the old Ashotn and I think the 04 Echo pure is still a popular frame, cause eveyone wants one now adays, casue the Geo is mint, I know I want one! lol