Dob Magnesium 26"frame

Dave6895

Okay i had my bike nicked and now its time to get a new one. I fancy pushing the boat out so how about this.

DOB MAGNESIUM 26"FRAME

frame1.jpg

frame2.jpg

I'm toying with the idea of modding the frame, i saw Tarty Adam's post of what he did and i fancy doing the same.

I'd like to try a rear disc out, super light.

I found someone that is selling them for £100 delivered and tempted to get but not sure if it would be investing that money into a better frame or not.

Does anyone ride one here at all?

Dave

I hav'nt actually ridden one but from what i've heard there quite nice to ride and pretty light but to be honest i wouldnt go modding it, its probably light enough as it is BTW try to calm down with the post, good luck if you do get it and be sure to post some pics up !

Adam

Edit: just realised you've been validated, congradulations now go and liven chit chat up a bit lol

Edited by adamgriffin3

For 1oo id get it and try it out if you like the geo, If your a harsh rider though i would stay away untill someone has given them a proper review as chances are you could snap it. If you run a rear disk the chances of cracking/snapping the chainstay are greater aswell.

If your a fairly smooth rider like the geo id go for it. Id run a maggy though as i think chainstay will snap with a disk.

Saw Mr.Zhi riding one at a Ebtc comp, looked good, weighed hardly anything and he certainly wasn't going easy on it either so I'm pretty sure they aren't excessively weak. The only thing I'd watch out for is flex, you probably wont have many problems with it if your running disc. For 100 quid, absolute bargain.

I'm not ordering it of the guy in the UK. I'm ordering it where he gets all his parts. I chatted to him a bit and found he was adding x2 the price so waved 2 fingers to that and went eles where. They even take paypal too. Oh thats £100 delivered!

I'm not ordering it of the guy in the UK. I'm ordering it where he gets all his parts. I chatted to him a bit and found he was adding x2 the price so waved 2 fingers to that and went eles where. They even take paypal too. Oh thats £100 delivered!

meh, fair play then, how did you find out he was adding 2x the price?

cant believe dob frames are £100!

You've been validated quicky, I can see why :P

meh, fair play then, how did you find out he was adding 2x the price?

cant believe dob frames are £100!

They are less than. Think, the shops sells it, they need to cover cost, then there is shipping and materials.

I googled and looked around and found a few places that sold it and mailed them. Got a reply of the cheapest and a lot use it so i'm going to order it latter this week.

Will you have to pay any import tax?

I've mailed to ask but as far as i know not as it's inc in the price. I mailed to make sure and ask can it come via a differnt courrie once in the UK as what with Royal Mail at the moment it'll get lost.

Saw Mr.Zhi riding one at a Ebtc comp, looked good, weighed hardly anything and he certainly wasn't going easy on it either so I'm pretty sure they aren't excessively weak. The only thing I'd watch out for is flex, you probably wont have many problems with it if your running disc. For 100 quid, absolute bargain.

I also saw Chris riding a DOB 26" on a london ride a while back, it looked fooking sex. :)

Edited by Boswell

100 quid sounds a little cheap, id watch out. There was a huge topic about a guy who was offering to sell people stuff amazing cheap from china and was alittle dodgy everyone decided and no one decided to take the chance in buying. Are you buying it from the same place as "zhi" does, if not do you no that the place has a decent reputation? they ever delt with anyone else in the UK i should also think that you will be hit with import tax.

Zhi aparantly get it off a mate. I found a place that has good rep with the uk, has given me all there contact info and a english speaking person there.

It all checks out.

Im just waiting on a mail to conferm my order

I had some Chinabike add me offering me cheap stuff but i could tell it was fruad

Zhi aparantly get it off a mate. I found a place that has good rep with the uk, has given me all there contact info and a english speaking person there.

It all checks out.

Im just waiting on a mail to conferm my order

I had some Chinabike add me offering me cheap stuff but i could tell it was fruad

You thought of asking round and seeing if anyone else wants anything, may help you save on postage. You any idea how much it is for a pair of magnesium rims form there? And i think you should really look into seeing if you will be done with import tax or just to cover your back anyway get the shop to put the value of the product down as below 25 quid i think that way your excempt from it.

You thought of asking round and seeing if anyone else wants anything, may help you save on postage. You any idea how much it is for a pair of magnesium rims form there? And i think you should really look into seeing if you will be done with import tax or just to cover your back anyway get the shop to put the value of the product down as below 25 quid i think that way your excempt from it.

£18 GBP and a gift is the limit for anything coming in to the uk as an import from a non EU country.

I duno how i'd go about it as i'd be advertizing i think which is not allowed.

Need to work out carefully

If its marked as a gift, and the value is marked at under £36 - no tax.

If it is marked as what it is, i.e. not a gift, and £100 you'll have to pay no more than £20-£25 in tax. So i wouldn't really lose sleep over it. Seems like a really good deal to me...

If its marked as a gift, and the value is marked at under £36 - no tax.

If it is marked as what it is, i.e. not a gift, and £100 you'll have to pay no more than £20-£25 in tax. So i wouldn't really lose sleep over it. Seems like a really good deal to me...

Erm when the hell did that change then? It's £18 and has been for a long time. Warranty or sample gets through as well

£18 GBP and a gift is the limit for anything coming in to the uk as an import from a non EU country.

I duno how i'd go about it as i'd be advertizing i think which is not allowed.

Need to work out carefully

nah you won't be able to advertise i just ment ask mates kinda thing, i may be interested in something if you do fancy bringing over stuff for others. add me chelseafan_5@hotmail.co.uk.

If what quackers said is correct, might be worth talking to the shop and asking them to mark it up as a gift ect