Oh, Newbie :]

mfereborn

Aye so right, a mate of mine (kicking about on here somewhere) has inspired me to take up trials, i mean ive considered it for ages, just never had the balls!

I do/did loads of downhill until i had a crash a couple years back and now its just mostly XC with a little dirt jumping, but nothing special.

Anyway so aye, just how hard is this trials lark, im willing to give it a shot as i can be a bit fancy on a DH bike.

What's the basics, do's and don't etc...

Oh and any good advice for buying a bike... i know smaller wheels are better to learn on but im going straight into a 24", i hate small wheels and just dont feel comfortable on them!

Hey mate!

Welcome to the forums, i hope you have an enlightening experience and find out all you need to know.

On the 24" thing,i would say try 26" as they are closer to what you are used to and they are easier to get parts for unlike 24's which are abit rare.

Hope i have helped :)

Hey mate!

Welcome to the forums, i hope you have an enlightening experience and find out all you need to know.

On the 24" thing,i would say try 26" as they are closer to what you are used to and they are easier to get parts for unlike 24's which are abit rare.

Hope i have helped :)

24" isn't rare theres just less choice for rims + tyres but the frames available look f**king awesome (Y) and all the other parts normal stock stuff is fine isn't it?

Hello and welcome to the forum, im new too. A "24 is'nt the best option to start on due to lack of components such as rims and tyres but if you feel thats what you would like to begin on then dont let other people's opinions sway you're decision :)

Hello and welcome to the forum, im new too. A "24 is'nt the best option to start on due to lack of components such as rims and tyres but if you feel thats what you would like to begin on then dont let other people's opinions sway you're decision :)

im considering knocking up my own bike based on a ciguena 24" frame, it'll consist of dual hydraulic discs and a fairly short stem and up/backturned bars... but im stuck asto what fork to put onto it due to a lack of 24" forks. i was thinking about a 26" fork and actually running a 26" front as this will lift the bikes angle backwards a fair bit, but would a 24" run on a 26" fork ok?

im guessing it would but it might look a bit dwarved due to an EXTRA 2" clearance...

any suggestions as i really like the size, lines and general geometry of the frame ive chosen.

nope didnt cover it, im thinking about just lashing on a 26" fork...

i'd rather opt for the 24" option....

anyone know of a 24" fork?