Body Strength.

Ryan Blackwell

over the years iv noticed my upper legs have become a lot bigger and firmer

also my forarms are a lot more "ripped" the muscle is more noticable but i also do weights to keep the muscle in my upper body and back stronger

but to answer the question in my opinion i think you need a good balance of streight but not over worked because were as the more musclier rider like myself has that extra weight factor were as the less muclier rider has less weight but not as much strengh so i think you have to find a nice balance between the two

hope this helps

sean

In comparison if theres a 'light' person (say 60kg) and a 'heavier' person (say 90kg(im not referring to fat people, just people who are built bigger)) Would the lighter person find it easier to get fit, like get the Cardiovascular into shape compared to a heavier person? Assuming both people's fitness increases at the same rate, then the lighter person should get to optimum fitness quicker because they dont have so much weight to carry? Or am I totally wrong?

I don't think so, I think it will be very similar because your cardiovascular fitness really depends on how much work you've done before, because the "light" person is used to being 60kg's and the heavy person is used to carrying 90kg's the heavier person will be as used to carrying there own bodyweight as the lighter person so if they both do the same amount of training and diet they should both reach a similar fitness level. saying that i would imagine that if both had reached their optimum fitness the light person would have a 30 kilo advantage.

What kind of fit do you mean?

Cardiovascular.

I don't think so, I think it will be very similar because your cardiovascular fitness really depends on how much work you've done before, because the "light" person is used to being 60kg's and the heavy person is used to carrying 90kg's the heavier person will be as used to carrying there own bodyweight as the lighter person so if they both do the same amount of training and diet they should both reach a similar fitness level. saying that i would imagine that if both had reached their optimum fitness the light person would have a 30 kilo advantage.

That makes sense, I can't see how a 60kg an a 90kg person at their optimum fitness would be equal.

Lower back is an important one, needs to be strong and explosive. you develop this to raise most of your weight (head, neck, chest,shoulders).

not to neglect any other muscles though, thighs and forearms are some of the most important muscles, because there what move the bike.

but most importanly, you need your mind. you need to know that you can do it with every muscle fibre in your body, because you arnt going to leave any behind when you gap.