Puzzled Bout Snail Cams

Ladd

rite got my snail cams ( monty snail cams ) and puzzled how to fit them i have zoo rear hub 116 and echo lite frame 07

I have a funny feeling that deng hubs have to have dengsnail cams .............. i could be wrong :)

Edit: some more info on why you are confused would be good :)

Edited by Conor.N

O ok i will use my deng snail cams instead its just i had a set of red monty ones and it went wid my colour scheme :) the only reason im puzzled is that i dont see how the snail cams gain tensioner on the chain ??

O ok i will use my deng snail cams instead its just i had a set of red monty ones and it went wid my colour scheme :) the only reason im puzzled is that i dont see how the snail cams gain tensioner on the chain ??

Basically you push the snail cam down and it pushs your wheel back so you chain is tight and so you wheel dosent move out of place :)

What are deng?

deng is the owner of zoo,echo,gu and czar

You put the cams on the axel.

Then as they are exentric cams they get thicker the further round you twist them

Thus as they get fatter they push the axel further from the bolt head sticking out of your frame, gaining chain tension.

You cant be serious, its just comern sense how they work isnt it :S

Even if you don't use the snail cams, you need to keep them on the hub as they work as spacers.

I am currently running Gusset chain tugs on my T-Pro, but its amazingly easy to set-up as having the snail cams as spacers, means that doing the wheel bolt up doesn't flex the frame and change the position of the brake set-up.