Through The Winter?

Onza-rider

What do you do in the winter?

At the moment i cant be bothered to to anything except sit in side on the computer, and if it turns out to be sunny i might go on my T-Comp.

just wondering what you do.

well i do ride in the rain but my pads just slip. :angry:

Cheers Onza-Rider

Edited by Onza-rider

i ride through the winter what ever the weather throws at me,being able to ride in all conditions will help my riding .

for example i have to concentrate on what im riding because it may be slippy in the frost /wet .

don't be a be a fair-weather-rider and just ride!

steve

As a beginner i ride whenever i can, need all the practice i can get! I try to ride in light rain but im not really a fan of wearing a full waterproof suit or having to check whether my fingertips are still attached. Saying that i struggle to do anything with even an ounce of dampness in the air with my current crappy pedals! And as far as what i do when im not riding, absolutely nothing. Just end up watching more trials videos or thinking about doing coursework (which usually lasts 10mins before i start scribbling trials frames on a random piece of paper).

I tend not to go out and ride in the winter as im scared i might catch a cold

Winter does not give you colds, niether does outside, staying inside makes the chances of coming into close contact with someone who has one of the viruses much more probable.

Edited by afroman

Hmm Winter, great days and really bad days. Never quite in-between if you get what I mean.

What I like to do during the boring days of winter weather.

Play on Computer,

Go on Trials Forum,

Ring up Girls and chat them up, :P

Play on PS2,

Wait for Santa to come!

Write a Christmas list!

And more things to keep me occupied!

But I can’t be arsed to bore you and myself at the same time :P

Cheers Craig

:P

Try grinding your rims and buying some pads made for wet weather, Your brakes wont slip anymore and will feel alot better.

I ride in most weather really.

Mike.

I,ve seen a couple of guys while out riding using some sort of tar, i think it was roofing felt tar anyway, they were rubbing it on their rims for extra stickyness, it seemed to work really well but iv'e never tried it myself... aparently you can buy it on Ebay for a tenner... maybe try that for a cheaper option first...

Andy

I,ve seen a couple of guys while out riding using some sort of tar, i think it was roofing felt tar anyway, they were rubbing it on their rims for extra stickyness, it seemed to work really well but iv'e never tried it myself... aparently you can buy it on Ebay for a tenner... maybe try that for a cheaper option first...

Andy

Do NOT use tar in wet weather!!!

Try grinding your rims and buying some pads made for wet weather, Your brakes wont slip anymore and will feel alot better.

I ride in most weather really.

Mike.

i have always been keen to grind my rim but i never have got round to getting it done.

about pads i was thinking of getting some rock pads for the grind and wet weather and that would boost up my confidence.

• 2 weeks later...
Ride rain or shine. Makes you a better rider and improves your bike control riding in tricky conditions like rain, mud, snow, wind.

Max...

I ride ,if i ride in the wet and cold when it comes to summer i find quit alot of stuff quit easy (Y)

yer thats what im going to start doing.

cheers for the help guys