Internet Connection Problems

Ryan.

Right,

iv got sky broadband atm and so far it has been the biggest pile of shit. one minute theres a wireless signal one minute theres not.

so i solved that problem by just plugging the cables into my laptop and pc...

now im on the laptop atm but the pc is saying limited or no connectivity??? iv tried repairing the connection, system restore, re attaching all the cables etc etc.

if anyone knows what i can do to sort this i would really appreciate it.

thanks,

Ryan.

shit iv just realised iv made no sense whats so ever....

in a nut shell..

iv got my laptop AND pc plugged into the broadband box which then plugs into the phone plug...now, my laptop is connecting perfectly to the net but the pc is sayinig that it cant renew my ip address to connect?

shit iv just realised iv made no sense whats so ever....

in a nut shell..

iv got my laptop AND pc plugged into the broadband box which then plugs into the phone plug...now, my laptop is connecting perfectly to the net but the pc is sayinig that it cant renew my ip address to connect?

Ok, i think that means your Ip address from the Router to the PC does not match...Open Msdos and type Ipconfig It will tell you what you ip address and wireless capiaabilities are...

Write down you Ip address and go to yor Laptop/or pc if you can access the router....Then wireless internet connections, open Add to existing network, blah blah blah...While your computer is scanning for other wireless items do the same thing to your laptop and they Should match up...If not just open your router and click propeties through your pc, and check it is set up to find Ip addresses automaticly, i can't remember where this is but it's not hard !

If not unplug your Router for 2 minuites to reset it (dont worry, codes and connections remain) that should fix the problem is the first one dosen't....

Being a Mac guy that might be wrong, but i'm prety sure it's not !

Hope this helps....

Jarrod

Edited by Pashley26