Video Camera's

mr ailsbury

Right i'm looking into buying a video Camera

not after anythin too expensive but I do want it to be good quality and maybe something i can get a wide angle lens or a fisheye or something for

My Lecturer at college said that I should get this one...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-NV-GS320...8290&sr=1-7

but he's got a habbit of advising people to get stuff they don't need, giving too much work etc lol so I don't know really...

I've seen this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-DCR-HC27-Hand...8327986-6359615

Cheap, but alot of people seem to have them so I assume they're ok

I'll be using Final Cut Express on my imac to Edit, iff that makes a differance...

so to summarise lol

needs to be:

Good ish quality, like when I've edited clips, uploaded them to here etc

and maybe have the ability to take extra lens's and stuff

Any advice would be much appreciated :):):):):) xxx

He's recommended you the Panasonic because it's 3CCD, they produce much better quality images, also the Panasonic is higher resolution, and is 16:9, which is standard widescreen ratio.

I don't know that much about video cameras to be honest but I would have said it was worth spending the extra to get a 3CCD than buying something for cheap and being unhappy with the results. I know people who've shot with 3CCD then had skate companies want to use their footage for videos, wouldn't happen with a 1CCD cam because the quality just isn't good enough.

Hope I've been of some help, maybe someone like Jonny Jones could give you some more useful advice.

Yeah you'd be better off with it. If I were you I'd stick to Mini DV tapes and not get a HDD camcorder, Mini DV is a lot more useful. If you want some good info you could check out http://forums.skateperception.com/ it's all skateboard based but it has loads of awesome info about cams and loads of DIY tutorials for lighting, handles, and fisheye mods and stuff, there are some really good guys on there too.

I got a Panasonic Panasonic NV-GS80EB-S seems pretty good to me, you cna get extra lenses to add on too, there a wide angle and tele lens. I havent used it yet as crap weather, and my fire wire connection not working on my PC.

One thing thats not os good it the way yoiu have to plug it in via usb or Firewire. 1st you have to take the battery off, plug the mains cable into the camer, and then the usb/firewire into the camera

I got it for about £220 off play! not bad really..

Purchase this camera! Not 3ccd but I have recently bought it as a 3rd camera/camera to record stuff from a bullet cam. Its 16:9, the quality is superb for a single CCD and its Sony, and it comes with a dock that you can capture footage and charge the battery from. Superb little camera, I've suggested this to Rich Pearson too. Oh, its touch-screen too B) Haha and another edit, you can also put any lenses on the front of it, wide, tele, fisheye etc - you just need a step-up ring - you usually get a selection with lenses these days anyway.

Edited by Jonny Jones