Glandular Fever

Biff...

Rate, i was diagnosed with glandular fever, around 7 weeks ago and ive only just recovered and got back into my training last sunday, this meant ive had to pospone my Royal marine entry till april 21st which is a C*nt.

just wondering has anybody on this forum had Glan fever, as in some cases people have been known to have it for years and years. just wondering how you coped and if you managed to get back into physical exercise as easy as i have, without triggering the symptons again! as im worried that it will lead onto M.E. if im not careful!

Doctor said im extremely lucky to have taken such a quick recovary, my liver and spline we're really enlarged which meant absolutly no drinking/exercise for 7 week, the drinking bit was easy but the exercise was just depressing to have not done any. bit of a gay. how long did urs last?

Hard to say really, it was such a long time ago, but I think it lasted most of a summer; I remember being quite pleased with not having to go to school! I don't remember the affects of it being that great, just tiredness. But whether that means I didn't have a particularly bad case, or that I just cant remember I dont know. Sorry I couldnt have been of more help dude!

I got it summer 2006.... was in and out of hospital for long periods until just after xmas. i then cudnt do any exercise until this summer. Then i got it again and was in hospital this september, and i'm still feeling it. Makes me just suddenly shattered and fall asleep within 5 minutes at random times, or just like death. makes me get right ill with other stuff too :(

I had it a while ago mid 07 i was pretty lucky with mine as it only lasted about 3 weeks but i had and englarged spleen ect had to eat sooo much ice cream ect just to be able to say a few words I could barly talk was horrible havent had it scicne though wich is good news :)

• 4 months later...

I had it for a couple of months, totally f**ked up my A levels.

Did anyone else lose the ability to sleep? I used to take 3 hours to get to sleep, then sleep for 20 minutes, then wake up again, take 3 hours to get to sleep etc.

Nights were a living hell, and due to lack of sleep after a few days I started to mildy hallucinate.

Not an illness I'd wish on anyone.

I had it for a couple of months, totally f**ked up my A levels.

Did anyone else lose the ability to sleep? I used to take 3 hours to get to sleep, then sleep for 20 minutes, then wake up again, take 3 hours to get to sleep etc.

Nights were a living hell, and due to lack of sleep after a few days I started to mildy hallucinate.

Not an illness I'd wish on anyone.

i was opposite, i cudnt stay awake at all! was SOOO weak was insane, lost loadsa weight aswell could not eat or swallow as tonsils were so huge :( bulked up again now though and im back in the game, training was a b*****d to get back into, you just have to be patient and it soon goes away!

if anyone has this illness, all i can say is rest, rest, rest! DO NOT EXERCISE!

Biff

I had it on the run up to my exams (for about a year).

it was shit. insomnia or i'd not be able to get to sleep then id go to sleep and not wake up for 20 hours. just generally feeling shit. i really don't want it again. also tons of mouth ulcers from being so run down made it so difficult to eat or drink anything