Www.signtech-graphics.co.uk

simo

Heya,

Site is quite cool, good wide range of sign possibilities too.

Do you do one off vinyl stickers, i dunno, for bikes maybe? wouldn't really want more than an a4 sheet of small designs though.

Let me know

Regards

Edited by Mowgli

Fair enough!

quite a few of my clients go on to have images made into vinyls. I used to recommend a company (not going to name drop) but they have turned out some pritty shoddy work recently. I see you do vehicle sinage, do you do body wraps?

Whats the maximum width of your plotter? and do you print on mesh as well as vinyl?

Fair enough!

quite a few of my clients go on to have images made into vinyls. I used to recommend a company (not going to name drop) but they have turned out some pritty shoddy work recently. I see you do vehicle sinage, do you do body wraps?

Whats the maximum width of your plotter? and do you print on mesh as well as vinyl?

Yes, fully qualifyed to do wraps. The plotter is 1220mm and can print on vinyl, mesh, Canvas, Banner .....

if i provide you with a sheet of design that i want printed what format would you like it in (photoshop/fireworks etc)???? would you do a quote from the design or from the size and colour?

Eps file would be ideal. I would quote for the size of the sheet.

eps is cool, but EPS 1.0 or 2.0 or does that not matter?

If for example i give you a a4 page design for me to cut out individual stickers as it were, would words be individual letters or would the area i cut out be all sticky, like the tartybikes stickers for example???

And how much for an a4 sheet, mostlly black.???

Site looks okay - design could be better but it seems to do it's job quite well.

If you don't mind me asking - how much did Net Reflections charge? I'm guessing it's in excess of their basic package of £350 for 4 pages plus £50 per page so what, £450 + hosting?

Do they do the updating for you? It cost?

Nick :)

eps is cool, but EPS 1.0 or 2.0 or does that not matter?

If for example i give you a a4 page design for me to cut out individual stickers as it were, would words be individual letters or would the area i cut out be all sticky, like the tartybikes stickers for example???

And how much for an a4 sheet, mostlly black.???

Any eps is fine.

I can cut vinyl letters, print on white and cut to a block or print the text/logo and cut to the outline shape.

It might be best to email me the logos or the file and i will give you a price and have a look at the best way of cutting them out.

Steve.

Site looks okay - design could be better but it seems to do it's job quite well.

If you don't mind me asking - how much did Net Reflections charge? I'm guessing it's in excess of their basic package of £350 for 4 pages plus £50 per page so what, £450 + hosting?

Do they do the updating for you? It cost?

Nick :)

Yes, it was about £450 plus vat for the web site, hosting for a year and the two www. address for 5 years.

Yes, they do all the updates and any changes for me. Not shore what the price is but will find out soon when i have a special offer on the home page.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about choosing your designers?

I only ask as I do this for a living and would do the same thing for £175. It seems people that charge £300+ get all the work... Why is this?

It's a good site anyway, simple and gets the point across :)

How much do you charge for an A4 sheet with about 4 stickers on? Wouldn't mind some for my bike!

If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about choosing your designers?

I only ask as I do this for a living and would do the same thing for £175. It seems people that charge £300+ get all the work... Why is this?

It's a good site anyway, simple and gets the point across :)

How much do you charge for an A4 sheet with about 4 stickers on? Wouldn't mind some for my bike!

I got it done through the guy as i just know him and it was easy to give him all the info and vis versa.

For a A4 sheet of decals, it depends on the artwork supplied and what style you want them supplied in,

Just solid colour cut vinly or printed 4 colour and cut out.

Yes, it was about £450 plus vat for the web site, hosting for a year and the two www. address for 5 years.

Yes, they do all the updates and any changes for me. Not shore what the price is but will find out soon when i have a special offer on the home page.

Christ. :mellow:

Personally, i would of gone ape had a site then supplied with some round corner buttons badly compressed image buttons and a banner, nav, content layout site.

I guess it does the job so to speak, it's just a shame so many people think that doing the bare minimum will get them the respect and cash flow that they look for.

You/the developers are not the only one's who think like this either, even some big company's think this, which is such a massive shame. :(

Thing is, so many people work freelance or as students doing design / web design packages that it rapes big companies that have offices, employees, corp. tax bla bla bla to pay.

I had a dude in Apple and he was in Web Design for huge companies but said there are more and more free lancers working at dirt cheap rates (like me :P) raping his profits / business.

Yeh, thing is though, Freelance is an uneven wage. You could get 1k one week, then only 200 over the next 3. There is also skill set to think about. Going freelance you only have one skill set, when working at a company you have a varied skill set that you can pitch to hundreds of different projects with different technologies and needs. Also, a large company would hardly ever hire a freelance to solely undertake their project, mainly because we are getting most of the large company's now so i know where they are going, and it's a share of the top 10 UK agencies, not freelancers.

Freelancers get these little jobs that keep the small to medium sector ticking over, then we take care of the rest.

I think the only way you can maybe properly work as a thriving freelancer is if you have the contacts to get you the jobs, ie, after you've been working at a large firm who can give you the smaller jobs that often do come in as they know what you are capable off, and having the blessing of a multi million pound company isn't taken lightly, plus you can steal clients that you've worked with personally as you know their systems, their working methods and their staff.

It's better to work as a freelance for most things except for security and money. :)

Well I do freelance and from my experience the large companies do the real complex stuff - I personally don't charge much because I do fairly basic stuff (No offence, but like the site in question here, just a little better / more complicated!)

I feel that big companies do more database / e-commerce stuff where there is more cost involved.

That's how I see it, I may be wrong.

also people doing it themselfs must be taking a hit on freelancers and companies. Like dead basic sites right up to the more complex stuff. I bought a book on flash for like £40 and have saved myself 1000s.

poor webdesigners, there should be some sort of tiered accreditation system, like they have in the building trade, so then buyers would have a better gauge of what there buying, what to expect and push webdesigners to really strive to prodce work thats good so they get accredited.

thats what i think anyway hahaha