Afgan

damo

Hey, just wana post a short vid of some of the photo's so far of our tour in afgan. Most of these photo's where taken over christmas and new years. Was weird being out there over the holidays, because you lose track of the days and dates. All the footage is of 3 Troop, C Squadren, The Household Cavalry Regiment, Op Herrick 7 2007/2008. Please watch and tell me what you think,

Chears Damo...

Link

Heres another one, but this one is from our D Squadren. This one is a bit more lively lol

Edited by damo

An interesting insight into military life in what must be very hostile conditions . A genuine thank you for the often underappreciated and misunderstood work you guys do . :)

EDIT : Wikipedia's entry on your regiment tells me that HCR incorporated the Blues & Royals , a friend of mine serves with them . May I ask whereabouts in Afghanistan you are stationed ( if operational security allows ? ) Do you feel that the population trusts you and understand the need for your presence ? Poorest country on earth , freezing at night , baking by day , exhausting and potentially lethal work - your hardship allows us to go about our comfortable lives and hop around on small , expensive bicycles . Thanks again .

Edited by Endohopper

a friend of mine serves with them .
Whats his name i might no him?

May I ask whereabouts in Afghanistan you are stationed ( if operational security allows ? )
I'm not really alould to say but we took this city in Helmend Province oops

Do you feel that the population trusts you and understand the need for your presence ?
The locals are preaty much waiting to see who they think is going to win the war, and so their slowly coming on our side. However the taliban our now threating their families to fight and so, have no choice but to fight.

Cool video.

Must be such an experience being out there, i'm not gonna ask you how it is cos i expect you could write pages and pages. Looks like you had some fun, i expect you do that often to keep you going when you're not in 'action'.

I LOL'd when the left handed throwing contest came on, genius.

Congrats on being brave enough to go out there too, i know i wouldn't fare too well.

Must be such an experience being out there.

Its different lol. Its just like being in the stone ages. They have about 30 people living in a small mud hut, its quite funny.

I LOL'd when the left handed throwing contest came on, genius.

Well its 10% fighting and 90% boredom lol

Congrats on being brave enough to go out there too, i know i wouldn't fare too well.

Don't think i am dude just doing my job. :)

Damo...

Brilliant vid Damo! It's Eric by the way (If you even remember me from the London rides with Nick Dale...) How you been?

Whats it like being out there? Its easy enough to read it all in the newspapers and that but must be a completely different world to what they picture it as being... Is it as vast and wide open as they describe it?

When are you back from being on tour?

Take care fella

Brilliant vid Damo! It's Eric by the way (If you even remember me from the London rides with Nick Dale...) How you been?

Whats it like being out there? Its easy enough to read it all in the newspapers and that but must be a completely different world to what they picture it as being... Is it as vast and wide open as they describe it?

When are you back from being on tour?

Take care fella

Well i'm at home now at the moment, going back out on the 23rd ( next weds ). Tour ends aroung the end of april haven't been giving a date yet. Yea corse i remeber you its only been 4 months lol. But aint rode in ages though.

Damo...

• 1 month later...

I expect it'll be a while before the poster returns from his current tour of duty , but it appears that he's from the same Regiment that Prince Harry is serving in , as recently exposed by the media . It's possible that he was aware of this all the time and was sworn under the O.S.A to withold / deny this for OpSec reasons . Pretty curious how Samo's tour is going either way . You O.K out there , buddy ?

I expect it'll be a while before the poster returns from his current tour of duty , but it appears that he's from the same Regiment that Prince Harry is serving in , as recently exposed by the media . It's possible that he was aware of this all the time and was sworn under the O.S.A to withold / deny this for OpSec reasons . Pretty curious how Damo's tour is going either way . You O.K out there , buddy ?

Hey dude am bak til the 10th of march, end of tour for us is end of april. Yeah harry was with us the 2 and a half months he was out there. Didn't mind really.

Damo