Dob Magnesium Rims .

i was looking round www.trials-uk.co.uk yesterday and i came across dob magnesium rims . i am thinking about buying one for my new bike but i dont want to get one without knowing anything about them . so what i want to know is

1. are they strong

2. are they light

3. can you grind the rims because im shaw that magnesium turns into powder when it comes into contact with water

my spell check isnt working so dont have a go at me if i spelt somehting wrong :D

thanks

leon

Edited by trials-Leon

Hi,

Ok first things first there not just magnesium the element you play with at school, it is a compound of aluminium and magnesium,

trust me it if was just magnesium, you could fold the sidewall in your hand. So, to clear that up, no it wont just turn into magnesium

oxide, or corrode, as the magnesium in compound is bonded with aluminium creating a nice metallic bonding. so dont worry about

that dude. Mith busted!

1) This is hard, as i don’t own a pair, there quite new, so there hasn’t been loads of reviews, im sure someone will tell you.

2) Yeah there light, 320g for the front if i can remember best to look at trials-uk for exact weight

3) So there ok to grind, but i have herd that each grind doesn’t last as long as competitors rims (echo) but the side walls are thicker so,

more grinds for your buck!

Chemistry max!

Magnesium powder burns when it comes in contact with water but not when it is in a compound i.e. rims

Nope it would have to be a alkili metal i,e Li, Na, or K to burn with that vigor, magnesium powder would slowly,

realy slowly react producing hydrogen gas, but not realy noticable.

Remeber the rims are not made of just Mag,

Max

Nope it would have to be a alkili metal i,e Li, Na, or K to burn with that vigor, magnesium powder would slowly,

realy slowly react producing hydrogen gas, but not realy noticable.

Remeber the rims are not made of just Mag,

Max

nice to see another lad from the devon/cornwall area . you should come down plymouth for a ride sometime

thanks keep the comments coming . i want to find out as much as i can

leon x

i was looking round www.trials-uk.co.uk yesterday and i came across dob magnesium rims . i am thinking about buying one for my new bike but i dont want to get one without knowing anything about them . so what i want to know is

1. are they strong

2. are they light

3. can you grind the rims because im shaw that magnesium turns into powder when it comes into contact with water

my spell check isnt working so dont have a go at me if i spelt somehting wrong :D

thanks

leon

I own a set of these. They seem to be fairly strong, not really put them through their paces yet as my wheelbuild has only just really settled in. They certainly aren't as strong as Echo '07 rims but as I'm sure you know, a set weighs only a little more than just a rear Echo! I'm running a grind on mine and it seems to be holding it quite well (Y)

Magnesium doesn't turn to powder when it comes into contact with water, it just reacts (slowly) forming hydrogen bubles.

nice to see another lad from the devon/cornwall area . you should come down plymouth for a ride sometime

thanks keep the comments coming . i want to find out as much as i can

leon x

yeah after my exams im gona start riding again, how many of you lot ride in plymouth, seems to be no-one about in exeter : (

its a date leon x :P

yeah after my exams im gona start riding again, how many of you lot ride in plymouth, seems to be no-one about in exeter : (

its a date leon x :P

theres so many people that ride plymouth . but some some people are getting bored off it and starting riding places further down cornwall like truro

im going to ride bristol some time though because ive got family up there which is cool

leon