New Forks -

Matthew_Gibson

I snapped my forks today! :angry: . So I'll be needing some new ones.

I rang tarty today for a bit of advice on the Atmoz forks. Cannot be bothered with faffing about with different rotors and adaptors. So that's them out the of the question

Don't know who I spoke to but he said that the Viz forks are holding up well. They look really nice. Only thing is they have that funky top can thing. Is it threaded all the way down. Just that they'll need cut and If there not threaded what can I do?

Also there's the Echo Control (2007) forks. They look nice. Just a bit worried that they wont cope with 203mm rotor.

Id like a 4 bolt mounts too, as I may want to try one out in the summer.

Which ones the better fork? Whats the warrenty on them both?

The V!Z forks do seem to be good, Ali and Waddy's are doing fine. The steerer is threaded about 50mm down but can be extended if you like, we have the tap for it, just ask (Y) 6 month warranty. Slightly stiffer than the Controls due to the steerer design (wonder who came up with that?)

Control forks are also very popular and for good reason, great price, excellent warranty - 6 months, pretty much no questions asked.

Ads

iv got the v!z forks too.. after snapping too many deng sets. Must say they are really really nice.

feel stiffer, the side ribs on the legs make a huge difference and as adam said, the steerer design is stronger too.

Im really happy with them. the steerer is bit shorter than deng ones. I had to cut about 2 inch off steerer on old forks (cuntrols) but the v!z were a perfect fit. too easy.

Seems to be one of the best value forks on the mkt i think these days... go for em.

danny

so whats the problem... same as im running!!

viz fork, tryall rim, nobby nic tyre, xtr vee...

What! Could you measure the distance between the vee studs? Centre of bolt hole to centre of bolt hole?

Mine wouldn't fit even with no spacers on the inside if you get what i mean.

May i ask why you need a cheapo wheel to run a vee ?

don't want to hack away with the grinder on my front rim! thats the main reason! Even if I don't like the vee i haven't ruined the look of the front wheel. My dad have a few (at least 3 more) wheel I could use, Mavic rims too! all XC rims though!

• 2 weeks later...
I my self am thinking to upgrade to some viz forks soon when the forks are cut down can you run a star nut down it if possible and what size? Or would you have to stick with it been threaded in the steerer

The steerer on these forks is short enough allready, I only have to run one spacer with the steerer uncut.