Magura On Vee Mounts

edmondraptor

Sorry to ask the forum to do work for me, but since I dont know exactly what it is I'm looking for I need someone to confirm: Exactly what do I need to make a rear magura fit a set of rear v-brake mounts? It would be great if I could get links for where to buy them as well. I've tried googling but I couldn't get a definite idea. Thanks!

Yeah if I get a magura (probably wait for the better weather) I'll get the EVOII ones, they look better than the old ones that push on the frame. Cheers for the replies at this time of night.

Or get a Vee with magura pads?

Or just a get a vee with VEE PADS??

So why not the vee? It's a fashion now isn't it?

I've got an older LX v-brake with the parralellogram doodad on the back just now. I had Rock V pads on a smooth rim (rubbish), then used tar (better but stopped working if the rim got a drop of water on it), and just the other day I put whats probably a medium grind on the rim. After the first ride with a grind the brake works the best it has so far, but all I can think is it would work even better with hydraulic fluid moving the pads instead of a flexy cable. What about those compressionless BMX cables? Do they make a big difference?

I've got an older LX v-brake with the parralellogram doodad on the back just now. I had Rock V pads on a smooth rim (rubbish), then used tar (better but stopped working if the rim got a drop of water on it), and just the other day I put whats probably a medium grind on the rim. After the first ride with a grind the brake works the best it has so far, but all I can think is it would work even better with hydraulic fluid moving the pads instead of a flexy cable. What about those compressionless BMX cables? Do they make a big difference?

The outer cable can make a fair bit of difference, but I run cheapy inners from the LBS and my brake feels amazing. Cables don't really stretch that much anymore, nowhere near how they used to at least.

Decent arms/lever make the most difference, then the outer, and finally inners. Oh, and pads are kinda handy too!

I've never personally been a big fan of the parallel push designs, but not had a lot of experience of them so can't say for sure if perhaps that's one possible source of flex etc that moght hinder the performance

I've heard alot of people now moaning about the Rock Smooth pads (green). I guess Rock pads in general were over hyped and actually didn't really cut it. Try some Plazmatics then your be sorted, or at least i would of thought so.

Im running plazmatics now with a sharp light grind and a little tar best holding brake ever !

I run the rock green pads on Maguras and they hold well enough on a smooth dry rim to be perfect for trials. Only problem is they completely stop working as soon as any damp at all gets in to them (Combined with the rain for the past three months it may have lead to me laying myself out on my back when the wheel continued rolling on a landing and pinch puncturing skin on my lower back between my pelvis and the ground...). With (Judged entirely subjectively) a medium grind on the rims they're fantastic in all weathers. They're snatchier than the trials pads I got from disco brakes on a similar grind (And I have very little fault to find with them apart from them being deafening if you have to drag the brakes to slow down while rolling downhill for example). The rock pads aren't a whole lot quieter either - need to turn the mp3 player up louder to cover it...

I run the rock green pads on Maguras and they hold well enough on a smooth dry rim to be perfect for trials. Only problem is they completely stop working as soon as any damp at all gets in to them (Combined with the rain for the past three months it may have lead to me laying myself out on my back when the wheel continued rolling on a landing and pinch puncturing skin on my lower back between my pelvis and the ground...). With (Judged entirely subjectively) a medium grind on the rims they're fantastic in all weathers. They're snatchier than the trials pads I got from disco brakes on a similar grind (And I have very little fault to find with them apart from them being deafening if you have to drag the brakes to slow down while rolling downhill for example). The rock pads aren't a whole lot quieter either - need to turn the mp3 player up louder to cover it...

My mate had rock green pads on his echo they slip in the dry on his smooth rim! grind is the way forward for wet wether and just having a decent holding brake !