Cnc Or Not?

baladi

I am a student in machining and this doesent look like CNC to me and i've seen a few...

In the first picture there's a flaw, that if cnc machined wouldn't be accepted.

In the second pic can see the molding leftovers on the oposite side of the toptube-downtube... plus that there are no sharp edges anywhere on this part(that's typical on CNC'ed parts)

On the other hand it is visible on the CZAR 1's parts.

So, can anyone prove it? like pics from unfinished Vracing frame? or tell me the steps of the building process?

Thanks

post-10024-1201643512_thumb.jpg

post-10024-1201643649_thumb.jpg

Edited by baladi

From looking at XTP's headtubes in the past I think they are cast. The czar frames are definitely cnc Machined all over.

Casting them is going to be a hell of a lot cheaper. After they cast it they may have machined a few edges, but they aren't machined as much as Czar headtubes. The czar frames may have been cast in the first process and then cnc machined all over, cuts down time, money and waste. It is how hope make their hubs too.

Phil.

It dosen't look very CNC'd....But then again it's got a funny matte finish to the paint ?

Heres the Headtube on my Echo....I'm sure if that had paint on it, it would look the same.

2wcpv8h.jpg

Jarrod

i'll have to disagree with you. It's the same painjob over the machined "XTP..." text and there you can see the sharp edges. 

All this talk of paint but isn't the vracing anodised? It certainly looks like it.

lmao .... good one.

Anodizing(as a paint job) means a very thin layer of colour in the µm range. The Vracing has ordinary "fat" paint on. you can see it scrached in the first pic by the brake cable.

The only frame from koxx to be anodised is the V2. They say so, when for Vracing they didnt... (Cadre: Giacomo Coustellier V2 Anodisé Gold

)

and you can see that the v2 is anodised in the BB shell, the thread and all the interior is painted, because it was done in a tank of chemical solution + electricity.

i hope i helpd.

Edited by baladi