Front Brake Hose Down The Fork Tube?

tris

today i learned to do a flatland tailwhip on my new onza zoot. am soooo pleased its frikkin awesome.

anyways i forgot to turn my bar back before doin it again, and presto (in a bad way) i snapped my maggie brake hose.

i need to know if i can feed the new hose down the middle of the forks (like bmx riders have) and then attach it like that (so that the brake hoses wont tangle).

is it possible with an hs33??

i may get a disc brake....can i do this with a front disc brake? this is only for the front brake but hopefully it will mean i wont snap it again.

any problems that may occur??? any helped would be appreciated boys

Should think so ? I know there might be a problem with your forks....If theres a thread in them for the Topcap. If it's a Star Fangled jobbie you can get a special nut and top cap to allow it, but it won't fit a braided hose if your thinking of upgrading.

I'll have a quick look for one on the interweb.

Jarrod

Salsa make one (Y) As well as the most expensive set clamp in the world....

http://www.salsacycles.com/

Jarrod

well on my bike there is no spider in the fork tube because it has the onza screw fork thing. so it has an allan key hole that is in the perfect place. i am just wondering, is a disc brake hose thicker than a magura hose?? my magura hose fits perfectly down the allan hole and perfectly out the other end. if a dischose is the same it should work. The only porblem i face is that on ezxiting the forks the gap is very tight etween the tyre and the forks (so the hose may have to be bent quite a lot)

other option is drillinjg the forks.....does the structure of forks get worse if i where to drill them?? i would drill out the front of the forks.

any ideas.