Custom Brake Boosters

pogo

I was just wondering if there would be a market for custom made brake boosters because it looks like i could pay up to £40 for something i could make in 10 minutes to my own specifications and my name in it.

Just do it man and don't tell too many people or they may steal you idea and if it all fails you can say "well at least i had a go"

k if you see some on ebay email me and will give them away cheap

I doubt you could sell them very well... Why would someone pay for a booster that might not work, might be weak and might look shit when they can get a decent booster for like 15 quid?

spose but i ain't interested in robbin off with peoples money n doing a shit job, i ain't a gypsy.

I've tried boosters!

If you believe in an idea, follow your dream and check it out (Y) You have to be realistic about the range of Deng's boosters out there though, and in such a range of colours. If you can genuinely offer something that others can't, then keep exploring it!

Steve

I've tried boosters!

If you believe in an idea, follow your dream and check it out (Y) You have to be realistic about the range of Deng's boosters out there though, and in such a range of colours. If you can genuinely offer something that others can't, then keep exploring it!

Steve

my bike came with the original magura one but it wasn't strong enough n kept flexing thats the only reeason i made my own and was just asking if people would be interested in having their own specifications met.

spose but i ain't interested in robbin off with peoples money n doing a shit job, i ain't a gypsy.

I never said you were :huh:

I'd just trust a big company more than someone doing it for a bit of extra cash......

Dude don't listen to him or anyone just give it a go.

People that say it wont work piss me off cus how do they know if they have not tried.

EDIT: if you have tried then you can comment.

Didn't say it wouldn't work, it might work very well..

haha love it (Y)

i recon its a good idea dude. it doesnt even have to be your name it could say anything.

as long as it works. and works well lol then sounds good to me =]

give it a go

how much would you try selling them for?

might be intersted

Edited by Cassio-Rider-Spud

Big companys use stress tests and stuff to see where weakness's there are in materials and flex resistance and stuff and made on a massive scale, so wouldl probably be rather hard to beat them on strength and value for money!

But if someone wants a something a bit special then sure they'd like one

But if you think there is a market for it? Probably not becuase brake boosters are a flooded market already i would say, with lots of companys having build up reputation and brand loyalty etc. just name all the brake boosters made and deside if you can sell enough of them to make it worth it.....

Echo, Adamant, GU, RB, heatsink.... etc... etc...

Hey

A friend that i ride with made his own one, which he currently uses. Very strong and stiff although i don't believe it is aluminium.

I'd say give it a bash, but if people did want a booster on the cheep they probs could make one. I'd give one a go for a fiver, but no more as i know i could pick up a new one for £15 or £10 on the forum.

Good luck with it (Y)