Replacing Freewheels

Kevin Minato

Alright, so I just got a brand new Eno freewheel. But now the problem is I don’t now how to replace it with my old one, my old freewheel is an ACS Claw freewheel

I'm pretty new too the sport so please tell in as much detail as possible

It would awesome if you could give me some step by step pictures

Please tell me all the tools I will need

I need step by step on every thing starting with taking off the cranks

Frame: Adamant A3

Cranks: Echo

Old freewheel: ACS Claws

New freewheel: Eno

Thanks you

This will be much appreciated

My Eno freewheel

pbpic1827438.jpg

My bike with cranks and ACS

pbpic1827429.jpg

Edited by Kevin Minatz

Not exactly helpfull mate.

The tools you'll need are acs freewheel removal tool, the appropriate size spanner/adjustable spanner and a vice or someway to hold the crank. It's relatively simple, just requires a fair bit of force to get it off. Clamp the cranks in a vice put the tool into place(you may want to secure loosely with a bolt if it's tough), get the spanner on the end and turn anti-clockwise to remove. May take a fair bit of effort to remove if you been riding it for a while so get the WD-40 out to flood the threads then use an extension bar of some description on the spanner.

When putting the ENO on you can just thread it on with your hands but before you put it on it's best to lube the thread in some way atleast.

Edited by ZeroMatt

If you dont want to use the ACS for anything else, just chop it off with an angle grinder, works a treat!

No it doesn't Wilf, remember the state mine was in? :D

The best thing to do is to get the tool, and bolt the tool into the ffw/crank arm, put the tool in a vice with the crank facing up, slip a long pipe over the crank arm and twist it off anti-clockwise.