New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!

Smoby

hello my name is kevin

im 24, from dagenham, i have my own place and live at home with my girlfriend, dont have a good bike at the moment but hopefully will have one soon, want to get in to trials riding and hopefully meet new people on here and out on the street when im riding a good bike

Edited by kevcampbell

Hi folks. My name is Roger and I'm 45 years old. I don't ride but have been involved since -98 because my son rides. We lives in Lerum a suburb to Gothenburg in Sweden. Visited UK two weeks ago for the Euro cup in Hook Woods, a really nice competition.

See you around

Best regards

Roger Bäckgren

Biketrialsweden

Hello,

I'm Craig. I don't know how this is going to do but there seems to be lots of "Hi I'm new" thread's around here.

I think that we should have one big thread for it... So here it is. The "introduce yourself" Thread.

It's simple. If you're new then come here and say hi, introduce yourself to everybody... I'm sure everybody will be happy to see you here. It just saves space from having to make more and more threads about the same thing every other day for the older members just to say, "Hey welcome to the forum." It kinder gets boring!

It's simple and easy to do, e.g.

Hey I'm Craig, I'm new to the forum and I ride a Monty 221 PR.

I've been doing Trials for about 16 months and I love it. I ride round Medway as that is where I live. I tend to go round Rainham area to ride my bike.

My other Hobbies are;

Football, Swimming, Golf, Fishing, Ice skating, Cricket and loads of other things I can't be bothered to say :P.

Thanks Craig.

That's all you need to do.

Have you noticed...?

No spelling mistakes,

Good use of punctuation,

Good grammar,

No swearing

And followed these rules:

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....p;f=13&id=3

It's simple as that. So instead of all you new members making new threads then post it all in one Thread. It's so much easier!

Thanks Craig :).

Hi I am Martyn,

I live in Dronfield (nr Sheffield) and have joined here so I can get good help and info for my son (he's only 4).

We have just completed a one off 16" trials bike for him. ( I'll get some pics up when I can)

I will hopefully get myself a bike so I can encourage him.

We also ride mountain bikes together on the local trails.

Thanks

Martyn & Connor

Hello guys my name is Ben

I live in Hertsfordshire I own Revolution Cycles.

We mostly work on Mtb,Road and Trials bikes.

Some of you might know me and my girlfriend Katy which is know sponsored by Onza.

We go to all of the Hampshire bike trials and most of the nationals (Kelly Farm)(Hook Woods)

Im happy to help with any mtb or trials questions that you have I am fully qualifed ATG level 1 and 2

and dt swiss wheel building level 1 and 2 there is nothing i cant do.

I ride a new Onza master rides really nice I have been riding zoo for the last four years I fort time to have a change so I got my Onza

fully kitted out with green chrisking hubs and head set and other pimpy green parts.

Katy is riding a onza limey 2.0 Thanks to Joe at Onza.

Hope you guys give us a happy welcoming.

Thanks you Revolution cycles.

Hello guys my name is Ben

I live in Hertsfordshire I own Revolution Cycles.

We mostly work on Mtb,Road and Trials bikes.

Some of you might know me and my girlfriend Katy which is know sponsored by Onza.

We go to all of the Hampshire bike trials and most of the nationals (Kelly Farm)(Hook Woods)

Im happy to help with any mtb or trials questions that you have I am fully qualifed ATG level 1 and 2

and dt swiss wheel building level 1 and 2 there is nothing i cant do.

I ride a new Onza master rides really nice I have been riding zoo for the last four years I fort time to have a change so I got my Onza

fully kitted out with green chrisking hubs and head set and other pimpy green parts.

Katy is riding a onza limey 2.0 Thanks to Joe at Onza.

Hope you guys give us a happy welcoming.

Thanks you Revolution cycles.

Sorry for the bad spelling and grammer....my apprentice wrote it for me... <_<

Ben@Revolutions

Hey guys, I'm Jesse and I currently reside in Rochester, New York.

I ride a Y26 Trek mtb bike, and am learning a few trials stuff on it (I know it's heavy and not a trials bike, but it works surprisingly well for weighing 35 pounds).

Apart from this I am completely new to trials, having only started last month and am really into it! :D

Hi guys, I'm Tom,

I ride an NS B*tch(hardtail) I do every thing from racing DH to DJ and even XC on my one bike and now I would like to add trials to that :). I can currently do pedal kick drops, 180 endos, sidehops and bunnyhops don't think I missed anything there. I am looking to buy a trials specific bike but I can't decide; 20" or 26" I'm leaning towards 20" because I just want the bike to have a bit of fun on mucking around in the street.

I would be grateful for any advice,

cheers,

Tom

Hello trials web world Im Kevin from Wolverhampton and Im 24 years young!

I eat trials bikes and Im just really really hungry.

Im a returning rider, i came a cropper a few years ago and really messed up my shoulder. The doctor at the hospital told me i would never ride trials again, i still see trials lines everywhere i go (to my girlfriends dismay) and now my arms a little stronger i think it's time to get back in the saddle. Even if Im only going to be riding small stuff. Im after some gear to build me a trials bike and thats why Im on this forum, and of course to meet other trials folk.

Before the shoulder injury i was riding trials for about two years on a planet X Zebdi. I got pretty good and if you want to see some of my riding type in "nostalgic trials time" into youtube and you'll find a video of me which i uploaded this morning.

Well i guess thats about all i have to say for now.

Cheers

Kevin

Hi guys! I'm Ian and trial biking is my hobby since 3 years now.

I started with an echo pure 04 riding most of the time alone in a quite small french town called Saint Nazaire. I learnt most of my basics on this bike. Then i had to move to the Philippines and it was more convenient for the shippment to buy a mod bike. I found happiness in a Zoo Python. For 2 years i rode in the Philippines capital, Manila. It was really frustrating because this area is really polluted and the hotness is unberable! Eventually, i was able to meet a group of local trial riders. The level was not exceptionnal but the most important is that we were all together to help each other. They helped me a lot to find the right spots because most of the public area there are watched out by gards.. I had a great time though living in a tropical country.

Today, i come back in Europe for my study and i chose the city of Cardiff to take my civil engineering degree. I was forced to leave my mod bike back in the Philippines but it won't stop me to practice my favorite sport. According to the university bike club, there is NO trial riders here. Well, it won't last for long because Ian is in the place. :)

Thanks,

Ian

Hello there,

I'm Jake and turned fourteen a couple of months ago.

I ride an Onza Rip which I purchased around 6months - 1 year ago I ride it on and off.

I enjoy it loads but I'm lacking the will to get out and ride, this is because whenever I get on the bike... All I'm trying to do is a pedal kick (on rear wheel and kick the bike forward) but I get bored after like 10 minutes then go back inside. I really want to find a group of riders that live in the area around Lewes / Brighton (east sussex)

If anybody lives around there and is a trials rider please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Thanks,

Jake :)

hi guys!!!!!

my name is paride i'm 17 years!!!

i come from the nord-est of italy :P

i've been riding a trial bike for 1 year only:i've got a monty 221pr but now it's destroyed :(:(

this summer i've spent 15 days in nottingham and i've met 2 guys....i hope i'll find they here

Hi im Liam and i have only just started using this forum, I ride an Onza T-Bird with lots of upgrades.

I started trials biking sometime last year (i'm not exactly sure when).

I ride my bike in Broughton the village i live in and in my back garden alot as i have some pallets.

I also like lots of other things such as: Skiing, watching TV, Cricket, Swimming with my mates, + more

I have some videos of me on youtube which you can find if you search Liam Kirkby

Liam :D

hey well here goes,

im Donald, ride in aberdeen, wonderfully gray, i am currently riding a 24inch ns suburban street bike, argyls etc, on friday i tried a mates inspired four play complete, spec 1 off tarty bikes he said, it was amazing, the short 80mm stem made it super chuckable, and i was wondering, maybe wrong place to ask but to get into trials and from my experience on 24s, do you guys think this would be a good bike to go for say over the echo urban 24? any help much appreciated, will have £1500 to spend on complete or build up myself, whats best between fixed or freewheel front?

Hi everyone. I'm Toby, 24 living in Stoke on Trent. I used to ride miles every day on my mountain bike when I was younger. My bike was stolen at uni and I couldn't afford a new one given that I didn't get change to ride that much.

Now I've been saving up my pennies and I can't wait to buy a trials bike, and re ignite my love for moving on 2 wheels.

I joined up here, hoping to get some advice on what bike to buy, and hopefully make some mates.

Hi I'm Josh, im 18 and from Skipton, North Yorkshire. Own a small company called Chainline Bikes. I mainly ride street and dirt jump but occasionally ride trials, hopefully abit more when time allows. Looking to start selling bike trials parts, watch this space. Had a rep in today so keep your eyes peeled for Chainline Bikes in the bike trials scene in the very near future.

Joined Trials Forum to try and become more involved in uk bike trial and also to see what everyone wants.

Thanks

I’m Geoff... from San Rafael, California (just north of San Francisco).

I’m a long-time admirer/follower of trials -- but brand new in terms of actually having a suitable bike and trying it for myself.

As a college student in Durango, Colorado in the mid-80’s, I was fortunate to see many of the early mountain bike racing legends in their prime -- Overend, Tomac, etc. I latched on to mountain biking in a big way and began a now 25 year love for biking and bikes. In particular, I love the bikes themselves -- and especially the work of MTB pioneers Charlie Cunningham and Steve Potts.

Trials were often an associated event or “stage” at those early races and it was always some of the best spectating. While legends like Ot Pi and Hans Rey were great to see, I especially liked those riders on interesting and/or one-off bikes from the really great MTB builders: Jim Trigonis (Cunningham), Andy Grayson (Ibis), and Aaron Faust (One-Off, Willits).

A combination of a desire to improve my MTB bike handling skills and the mind-blowing videos from Danny M. conspired to have me finally break down and get a trials bike: an Inspired Fourplay -- hopefully winging its way from the guys at TartyBikes to me sometime next week.

Edited by halaburt

Good Evening guys,

Im steve, I'm 24 and currently living in Barnstaple in North Devon. Took ownership of a Diamond back Tekiya '09 (not the best i know!!) today and promptly set about stripping it and re-building with some nice upgrades.

Just getting back into riding after around 8 years off, Broke both my arms when i was 16 and stopped riding then so just looking to find my feet in the sport again. Also enjoy alot of surfing as im only 5 minutes from the beach.

Look forward to chatting to you all in the forum and maybe meeting some of you if there is anybody in the local area!!

Happy riding fellas.

Cheers

Steve

Hello everyone! I'm Dominic. I'm a 17 year old high school senior from Dallas, TX (USA). I enjoy riding bikes, playing video games, and working on websites. I look forward to meeting many of you and becoming an active poster on this forum.

Thanks!