Brakes Slipping ?

jordan282

my brakes are set up fine, but they always seem to slip (mainly on the back wheel when im gapping) i no they can be good without using tar or grinding my rim because some of my mates work fine with out them. but why do they always seem to slip?

my brakes are set up fine, but they always seem to slip (mainly on the back wheel when im gapping) i no they can be good without using tar or grinding my rim because some of my mates work fine with out them. but why do they always seem to slip?

Pads set up correctly?

What rim are you using: smooth or ground.

If smooth have you got right pads?

Same if you have grinded rim? mybe fresh grind needed

I'd reccommend trying out tar first, you could probably get blocks of wood to stop you properly if you used enough tar. The only downside is that you have to keep re-applying it throughout the ride. If you want to keep a smooth rim it is definately better to get some smooth rim specific pads.

Get some Neco Yellows and a grind, a couple of people say its the way to go.

Don't do the above, a couple of people means nothing.

You just want to use tar as Krisboats said. Whack some tar on and feel the power!

As you progress you will start getting grinds and specific pads such as rock blues.

Phil