Returning Back To Trials

guygriffiths

I used to ride in 2004-2005 and got very into it. My bike back then was a koxx levelboss short (mod) with a profile ect. i have obviously recentaly rejoined the forum after not using my account for 3 odd years and wish to buy a new frame/bike but there are so many options now i cant make heads or tails of it all, i am going to stay on a 20inch. so..

over the past few years have there been any major changes to frame geometry such as bb rise, length, chainstay length?????

what is the strongest or least broken?

go superlight or stay strong? how far have they come along?

I like the gu 08 what is this like for gapping, ups on the back wheel in comparison to the lb?

thats it for now B)

guy

deng bikes ( echo, koxx , zoo, gu ) are the most popular in mod bikes now. The geo has shifted to shorter chain stays, longer wheelbases and higher bottom bracket height. Neatly all of the deng frames are extremely durable now, so you wont go wrong with one.

Bikes ahve got a fair bit lighter, id say on average mods are around 1/2kg lighter than when you quite.....dengs are heavy, whereas comp bikes like montys and koxxs are considered light.

The gu 08 is a lot longer than the levelboss so should be better for most pure trialsy things...depends whether you rode street or natural really.

deng bikes ( echo, koxx , zoo, gu ) are the most popular in mod bikes now. The geo has shifted to shorter chain stays, longer wheelbases and higher bottom bracket height. Neatly all of the deng frames are extremely durable now, so you wont go wrong with one.

jfyip :)

Do take note that koxx isn't made by Deng.

Echo,Adamant,Zoo,Czar,Gu = Deng

Cheers!