Cheap Disc Brakes

Sam-Addy A3

Halfords/Bikehut do a Hydraulic Disk brake

It's pretty damn good

i'd recommend it!

Think it's £50 too!

Haha, told you you loved my brake Ben!

I think they are £50 or £60 from your local halfords! Guarantee its the best £however much youl spend!

Owen

Ok fantastic thanks, are they made by Halfords then??

Sam

I think they are hayes or something, maybe tektro, but are insanely good! They are meant for xc, so arent very good at that as they are very bitey, but are really really good for trials!

Owen

I think they are hayes or something, maybe tektro, but are insanely good! They are meant for xc, so arent very good at that as they are very bitey, but are really really good for trials!

Owen

Cool, i can't seem to find them on their website.

Am i looking in the wrong place or aren't they on their website?

Thanks

Sam

bike hut brakes are mint,owens front brake is well good,but i dont know how it would perform if he got a proper bike though.

have you considered a avid bb7?its a cable brake but dont let that put you of,its as good as a hope trials brake i reckon,plus a 203mm brake will cost £50 ,but this doesnt include levers or hose though.

steve

bike hut brakes are mint,owens front brake is well good,but i dont know how it would perform if he got a proper bike though.

have you considered a avid bb7?its a cable brake but dont let that put you of,its as good as a hope trials brake i reckon,plus a 203mm brake will cost £50 ,but this doesnt include levers or hose though.

steve

How are avid bb7's as good as hopes? And what about the lever feel, it cant be as nice as hydraulic? Can it, by the way im not arguing im just wondering, because the bike Spam-Trials is going to get comes with an avid bb7 he wants to upgrade it to hydrauic,is this the best move?

Also, will the cable stretch or is there any problems with the overall brakes/setup?

Edited by gideon

How are avid bb7's as good as hopes? And what about the lever feel, it cant be as nice as hydraulic? Can it, by the way im not arguing im just wondering, because the bike Spam-Trials is going to get comes with an avid bb7 he wants to upgrade it to hydrauic,is this the best move?

Also, will the cable stretch or is there any problems with the overall brakes/setup?

i cant really compare the two brakes as i have never had a hope mono trials ,but i personally love my bb7,its powerfull (well powerfull enough to render a pair of fork destroyed in some circumstance),cheap and weighs as much as a hope trials(i think) ;if you were to search trials forum you'll see hundreds of riders that use or reccomend this brake.riders such as neil tunnicliffe have used this brake ,so if its good enough for him then its a good brake i would say.

the lever feel can be vairied as the brake pads can be moved in and out from the disc ,the lever can be fin tuned to give different bite points,cables can be changed from thin ones/fat ones and outer cables come in different types.all these can change the feel of the brake .my personal brake has lots of modulation and has a fairly light lever action.so yeah,you can get a very individual feel to the lever .

i havent had any problems with my cable,even if it did stretch then its just a case of trurning the barrel adjuster thing to take up the slack.my personal setup is a bb7 203mm rotor ,sd7 lever and gore inner and outer cables.

steve