Kitefreestyle.com - Development Shots

br3n

Been working on a website for www.kitefreestyle.com for a while now, Basically an online tv show run/edited by some seriously good riders each sponsored by a range of THE biggest kite/board/equip manufactures in the game... Almost for this reason alone and the fact I've gotten into kiteing recently is more than enough of a reason to be loving this project! anyways...

We had a quick chat, threw some ideas around and he told me to just hit photoshop and see what happened... Projects like this are always cool as i'm allowed to just go with it and see what happens. Using his logo and with some basic guidelines this was concept 001.

001_concept.jpg

Initially I really liked this design, Certain elements of it worked nicely but it was decided that some areas needed adjustment.

002_rework.gif

Shortly into a rework, it really really wasn't coming together.. Decided to include just because, might be useful/interesting for someone :)

003_furtherdevelopment.jpg

Next big step came, Decided it would be cool to run an introduction video, explaining the site, the video and their purpose' - Also the idea of a free monthly download calender (also my designs)

After talking it through (still very much work in progress) we decided that enphasis must be on the main video feature which we now wanted to shift from 4:3 to 16:9 (widescreen) which would mean loosing the intro video due to browser/space issues :(

004_rework.jpg

Further development, He needed advertising space included but its positioning wasnt great for smaller browsers so we re-addressed the issue.

005_rework_black-green.jpg

Test without the wood background

006_rework_wood.jpg

With the wood background

007_final_edit.jpg

The final edit, Chopped into html/css and 100% W3C compliant!

Must admit he has changed/added to the html so not sure how compliant it is now, and also VANDALISED my small graphic but hey, its his project!

Anyways check it out, watch the vid - it might not be trials but its still fcuking cool!

http://www.kitefreestyle.com

Design:

http://www.br3n.co.uk <-- Personal portfolio

http://www.flytmedia.com <-- Company? lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good like all the graphics!

Only thing for me is acturly going onto the site and looking at it i feels its to messy and cluttered might jst be me i like things simple and eays to understand.

but there just seams to be stuff everywere and advertsments

also found the navigation abit hard to find at first.

But thats just mean really like the design process and all the graphics