Ipod

Mat Smith!

Right, well, my ipod doesnt work, out of battery, doesnt turn on, doesnt recognise the computer or whatever, tryed with diff usb thingys and diff computers, doesnt make a difference, tryed a different charger too, seen on the internet about taking it apart and checking it over, done that and all seems fine, ive taken some pics :

post-7254-1207697355_thumb.jpg

post-7254-1207697360_thumb.jpg

post-7254-1207697364_thumb.jpg

post-7254-1207697369_thumb.jpg

Anybody got any info about this? or had any problems? if i had to take it to a shop/get something replaced how much would it be? or could i do it myself, its a 1st gen 2mb nano btw.

can get more detailed pictures of certain bits if needed.

Ta,

Matx

Can you make it work AT ALL?

Now you've taken it apart that was quite a stupid idea as you can't really diagnose it any further. It's probs the logic board which has fried. A new one is £50 from ukipodrepairs.com including fitting for a 2gb one, or £60 if you wanted a 4gb upgrade.

If I were you I'd just send it them for a £5 diagnostics and they'll see if the battery is f**ked.

It might just cost you too much. If you put it back together you could trade it in at Apple retail stores for 10% discount on a new one. 4gb one is £99 and supports video, plus the screens are better.

i cant do anything with it, tryed resetting and holding menu and all that, nothing works, no sound comes out of it, cant play music so i doubt its just the screen,i know i could trade it in but i dont really have 99 quid to burn lol, i bought the ipod cheap and just want to get it working again for as little as possible lol.

Matx

Put it back together and take if you can make it look like it hasn't been opened, take it to an Apple store if there's one near. They can tell you exactly what's up with it.

Failing that, send it to ukipodrepairs.com like I said. Costs a fiver for them to diagnose it if you don't want anything fixing on it. I think it's the logic board if it does NOTHING. If it's a battery issue it will usually turn on when it's connected to the mains or a computer.

Put it back together and take if you can make it look like it hasn't been opened, take it to an Apple store if there's one near. They can tell you exactly what's up with it.

Failing that, send it to ukipodrepairs.com like I said. Costs a fiver for them to diagnose it if you don't want anything fixing on it. I think it's the logic board if it does NOTHING. If it's a battery issue it will usually turn on when it's connected to the mains or a computer.

alright cool thanks, they have clips to clip it together/take it apart anyway so it doesnt really matter, i havent got warrenty or anything, well i doubt it as i bought it 2nd hand.

ill see what i can do though, cheers :).

Matx

alright cool thanks, they have clips to clip it together/take it apart anyway so it doesnt really matter, i havent got warrenty or anything, well i doubt it as i bought it 2nd hand.

ill see what i can do though, cheers :).

Matx

who have clips to clip it together / take it apart?