Brakes Not Working Properly

2k8-looney

hello there

Well on my rear hydrolic rim brake the pad on the left is having trouble moving out and gripping the rim it just twitches, soooo does anyone no what could be rong with it ?

cheers :D

Learn to spell first ;)

Youre getting a lazy piston on the one side, search the wiki on here for fixing lazy pistons and all should be revealed. Chances are its a combination of dirt in the seals and the tpa being wound right in.

Back the tpa off, take the slaves off and clean them thoroughly, rebleed if necessary, put it back together and reset the pads with as little tpa adjustment as possible.

Alternatively if you have a water bleed then you probably just need to drop a spot of oil on the outsides of the piston to lubricate the seals, but then if you have a water bleed you should know how to cure lazy piston :D

prety much it ^ ^ i had lazy pistons on my front and rear slaves.

just water bleed them. in a bucket of water.. very cimple.. theres a tut on here for it, and then cean out your slaves like forteh said.

bit of lube and they will be good as new (=