Help Me Choose/ Build My Bike :d

DirtyHarry

Hey all.. im new to bike trials and i need help with a bike i dont know anything about choosing one.. so i need your help :D I dont want to spend more then £250, Im 5ft 9in and about 10st.. so ill probly need a strong bike :P

Also i need some reckomendations on gloves =]

Thanks.

Gloves are shit realy they smell so bad!

They cost to much!

You save your self money just buy some good grips or even better grip tape that stuf is amazing and its nice and cheep for loads of the stuf :)

As for your bike

What bikes have you rode before did you ride mtb or bmx bike?

If your buying gloves to protect your hands from getting blistered, don't bother because i did this and it doesn't help.

Try www.chainreactioncycles.co.uk for gloves. I got Kona Cowan gloves, less than £20 and use kevlar (like 0.1%) and have a carbon fibre knuckle protection.

Also browse for bikes on www.tartybikes.co.uk or www.trials-uk.co.uk for new, cheap bikes.

If most of these are out of your price range, wait and get validated and look on the "classified" section on this forum.

To get validated just use good punctuation :S , spelling and useful, well descriptive posts/threads!

(Y)

Edited by Sonny Clarke

If your buying gloves to protect your hands from getting blistered, don't bother because i did this and it doesn't help.

You have some wierd ass hands! Gloves have only ever served me to prevent blistering.

Gloves are shit realy they smell so bad!

They cost to much!

You save your self money just buy some good grips or even better grip tape that stuf is amazing and its nice and cheep for loads of the stuf :)

As for your bike

What bikes have you rode before did you ride mtb or bmx bike?

I used to ride a wethepeople nova and i had a cheap salcano MTB, I just got borded of BMXing so i thaught id give this a try :D

Also would it be better/cheaper to build one?

Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

Edited by DirtyHarry

To build one it could cost more but also could cost less depends on what sort of things you want on it.

The better spec you have the moor it will cost cleary.

If you new to trials i would say just buy a second hand one for now it will work out cheeper and you can stick better things on it as you progress:)

Also would it be better/cheaper to build one?

Better: Yes. - You can choose exactly the spec you want.

Cheaper: No. - Can get very expensive! There's so much needed to build a full bike.

Second hand decent builds are good, and new full builds are fairly reasonably priced imo.

When building your own, you need to get EVERYTHING that will be needed to make the bike work, and if you dont budget it properly you end up with half a bike that you cant use because you ran out of money :P

Matt. Go look on eBay unless you have the funds to buy/build a new one ;)

EDIT: just thought, could build a good bike out of second hand parts for the same amount/less than a new full build.

Edited by Skoze

Im watching a Onza T- Pro at the moment the only thing is the guy thats selling it is in Belford, Northumberland and im in Oxford. Ive emailed him asking for more photos and if he could post or not. :D Would this bike be anygood? Watching this one.

i was watching this bike but decided not to buy it because it is 2 far away from me also. bit of a shame really. i could have been bidding against you lol