How Do I Land....

mista-neos

Im not sure what its called but its wereu hop on a wall/rail and hop off backwords. I can get on the obsticle no probs i just cant get off.

many thanks

Assuming you mean hopping onto the edge and coming off square and landing backwards? Thats an abubacca :)

Once youre landed on the edge, you just need to pull off backwards - pull the bars back towards you and as they come up to above the bb/rear axle simply hop the rear wheel off using your body weight. Practise on curbs first and learn how to step off backwards without hurting yourself.

Whilst youre in the air, going backwards you either need keep the front wheel up and land with the brake locked or let go of the rear brake and level the bike off so it lands with the back wheel just before the front. If your front wheel is too high when the back touches youre likely to go flying on your arse if your brake isnt locked. The action of doing the hop with your body weight should bring the back wheel up underneath you to level the bike off.

Once youve touched down its either carry on hopping on the back wheel or learn to ride fakie, but thats another story......

To get up on the higher stuff you just need to go faster and bunnyhop/tap up it, easier to learn on bigger stuff on a bmx because its easier to bunnyhop and fakie. The higher you land from the faster you have to fakie - love abubaccas on quarters the feeling of nailing the tyre on the face of the coping is ace :)