Any Easy Ways To Fit Fittings To Your Magura Hose?

Ashley-Wood

well need easy ways to get my fittings into my magura hose, also ways to get them out as i am stuck with this job! need to ride big style lol.

helllppp.

Assuming you mean the barbed fittings, you need the clamp blocks (or some wood with a groove filed in the same size as the hose), alittle lube oil or washing up liquid work fine, a vice and a small hammer.

Cut the tube completely straight with a sharp stanley knife or similar.

Hold the tube in the vice using the clamps, leave about 5-10mm of tube sticking out the of the clamps.

Put a drop of lube on the top of the tube, a tiny amount on the tip of the barb wont hurt either.

Position the barb centrally in the end of the tube, make sure its perfectly straight and square.

Gently tap it into the end of the tube with the hammer, be careful to keep it straight otherwise you may split the tube. If you split the tube or muller the end, simply cut the bit of tube back and try again.

With any luck the barb will just slip into the tube :)

Repeat for the other end.

You have to cut the barb out of the tube, again a sharp stanley knife and watch them fingers!!! >_<

a little trick to make sure the barb goes into the hose square on, reducing the chances of you cross-over splitting at the barb when knocked:

Take an old spoke, shorten it by cutting off the bent end, leaving about 4" left. Attach and threadlock a nipple to the threaded end. File off any burs where you've cut the spoke to prevent it from damaging the inside of you hose. The simply insert the spoke through the barbed fitting and the hose so that the nipple sits on the end of the threads on the barbed fitting. Heat the hose with boiling water to make it more flexible if needed. Tap the nipple with a hammer to knock the barb into the hose and hey presto! Heat the hose with boiling water to make it more flexible if needed.

Andrew

My goodness, the transparent hose really rocks! You could really see the air bubbles (if any), and then you would know when to bleed them.

I saw some in the hardware shops in my country. If I'm not using steel braided hose, I would definitely use the transparent hose!