Broken Cross Over Pipe

If its snapped right at the end, then cut the barbed fitting out, then cut off the broken bit of your cross over. Then put the end of the cross over in a vice and wack the barbed fitting back in with a hammer. Re-bleed with water, and jobs a good'un. Your cross over will be slightly shorter, but itl still work.

If its not snapped at the end, then ignor all that and the best thing to do is get a new'un.

Owen

If its snapped right at the end, then cut the barbed fitting out, then cut off the broken bit of your cross over. Then put the end of the cross over in a vice and wack the barbed fitting back in with a hammer. Re-bleed with water, and jobs a good'un. Your cross over will be slightly shorter, but itl still work.

If its not snapped at the end, then ignor all that and the best thing to do is get a new'un.

Owen

yes the same as Owen said i rebleeded my brake today with water in the bath and it took a minute at the max, so when your rebleeding it isnt like its a long time :D

greg

Owen

best thing you can do mate...he's said all that needs to be said

hi there,

i dependes were about it is burst, If it is at the end of the cross over u can fix it but if i am right in thinking u need a vice to do it and a big hammer. If you have a local bike shop that deals with trials bikes they will manage to fix it no bother.

Craig :)

Edited by czarcraig

hi there,

i dependes were about it is burst, If it is at the end of the cross over u can fix it but if i am right in thinking u need a vice to do it and a big hammer. If you have a local bike shop that deals with trials bikes they will manage to fix it no bother.

Craig :)

Most bike shops will be able to do it. becaucse hs33 are not only for trials bikes. You can get them for any sort of bikes, Just with evo mounts not 4-bolt.

weeeey me and my fellow shez riders are like experts in cross overs as we fcuk them all the time lolage

bassicallllllllyyyyyyyy....

step one: cut off the croos over left on the barbed fitting

2) make the end of the cross over (snapped bit) a clean strait cut with a stanley knife or summit

3) find a vice (school or whatever)

4) find a philips (the one with w cross) screw driver and boil some water

5) put the snapped end of the cross over in the bioling water for about 15 seconds

6) take it out quickly (cools down very fast) and twist the screw driver into the end, not all the way... just to widen it abit

7) now that that is done you need to find this vice, something you can tap the barbed fitting with and some boiling water.

8) once again put the snapped end of the cross over in some fresh boiling water for like 15secs again.. maybe longer.

9)very very quickly put the cross over in the vice long ways (so alot of cable is being held) with the snapped end of end sticking about 2cm out of the vice.

10) the barbed fitingshould go in a lil (thanks to the screw driver) to get in place, the gently tap it into the hosing, holding the hosing so it DOESNT bend... it should just go right in, then you sorted

you may have to do stage 5-10 twice... but you get the idea

you put it in boiling water to soften the material, otherwise it sometimes splits, bends or the barbed fitting just wont go in.

if you dont know how do bleed or dont have a bleed kit then say and ill tell u the fastest and easiest way with out the kit... you can do it on rides aswell..... water only though.. but water is alot nice then oil anyway... trust me!

if you realy have trouble with it and dont ahve the money to let some dumb ass local shop make a mess of it for you (trust me they will)... ill do it for you, will take me like 10 mins, so jus send it over, the brake aswel if you want me to bleed it and ill do it for free... iv like badly damaged my ankle and cant ride so got nothing better to do... plus dont worry cause iv been a bike mechanic for like 2/3 years.. lol

its up to you (Y)

Edited by adrian@eastcoasttrials