Pedalkicks... How High?

neomember

I met a trials rider who is using a lot of pedalkicks to step onto objects(instead of pedal-ups). I was surprised by the height this guy could go.

I always thought pedalkicks were mainly for gapping.

I was wondering how high you guys could go onto obstacles using pedalkicks.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Forgot to say by using one pedalkick. Positioning yourself still on the back wheel in front of the obstacle and pedalkicking on it.

Edited by neomember

I used to pedal up onto everything.

But after i got more confident on the rear wheel pedalkicks started to be alot more useful.

Infact pedal kicks up are on of my fav things to do on my bike.

In terms of height, i can do around 2 foot depending on the gap, it actually gets a little easier when you have a bit of a gap because you start to realise you have to throw your body alot.

not to high mate i like to backwheelie and manual on to things it's so fun i'll be 1 million times better when my sprocket is changed because it is really hard to wheelie

Edited by Czartrials

well i can static kick few inches over wheel height. thats perpendicular to the wall and being able to preload as much as i want (dropping my wheel that is)

with a pedal hop beforehand i could probs get higher, but i think its a cheating method using momentum like that

ive been riding about 10 weeks can static hop about 2 and half ft.

It's all about the practice and commitment to gradually push your limits to improve.

The only downside, is that most people get to a certain point and just stop improving. But give it time, and you start improving again. Sometimes it helps to give a trick a break for a day or week, just so you get a chance to think about it in your mind, then when you try it again you may find it easier and be able to do it.

I can't static to rear wheel, and it really bugs me.

I've tried it time and time again in the year and a half I have been riding but I can't get it for anything.

The one that always strikes in my mind everytime is Chai, I remember he could get onto bar height rails via a static pedal kick to rear wheel, whilst facing straight onwards at the bar.

And he made it clean on each time, never on the edge.

Don't the front wheel gets in the way during preload??

Do you need to get further from the obstacle or keep the bike more upright and be closer?

I drop my front wheel a lot when i preload maybe my technique is wrong.

EDIT: So static pedal kick is the term... couldn't be clearer.

Edited by neomember

Don't the front wheel gets in the way during preload??

Do you need to get further from the obstacle or keep the bike more upright and be closer?

I drop my front wheel a lot when i preload maybe my technique is wrong.

EDIT: So static pedal kick is the term... couldn't be clearer.

its maybe more of an advanced thing when your head on facing a wall, but only due to power and distance

my front wheel gets super close to the wall when ive taken off, you could always take off at a slight angle though to make it easier

matt is not wrong mate. me and him have been riding about 10 to 11 weeks.

im not sure on the height i can reach but i rekon its over the 3 foot mark back wheeling up onto things!!

dont know if you know reece with the DOB and charles with the koxx xtp2 and martin but not sure what he rides but they are pretty surprised at what me and matt can do considering how long we have been riding.

and matt said he will be more than happy to give you a demo :)

matt is not wrong mate. me and him have been riding about 10 to 11 weeks.

im not sure on the height i can reach but i rekon its over the 3 foot mark back wheeling up onto things!!

dont know if you know reece with the DOB and charles with the koxx xtp2 and martin but not sure what he rides but they are pretty surprised at what me and matt can do considering how long we have been riding.

and matt said he will be more than happy to give you a demo :)

yes please

come to the leicester ride this sat