Insurance?

squeaky

if your bike gets stolen at your house it could be claimed on your house insurance but i dont really know what happens if gets stolen or damaged outside. i want to insure mine but dont know anywhere that will and because i have bought it from different places.

Edited by gu trials

All of my bikes are covered on my house insurance (additional cost though), they are covered if theyre in the house and also if theyre stolen whilst locked up outside (I very rarely leave my bikes unattended at any time locked or unlocked).

Ask about adding them to the house insurance but be aware that most places wont insure them above somethign silly like 500 quid unless you pay extra. Getting bicycle specific insurance is rediculously expensive :(

Just ask your parents to put it on their house insurance. It cost me a tenner for a year and that icluded beig stolen from my house, my dads house because i stayed their a bit (had to ask fot that cover) if it is locked up and stolen (must be an insurance approved lock) or stolen from me if i was on it aka mugged.

it will always work out cheaper if you insure it on the house insurance and your more likey to get a payout with less hassle because there a larger company.

It cost me an extra 70-80 quid a year to add my bikes, thats 3 bikes all valued at 1500 quid though. The insurance approved lock is arse though, I can guarantee the lock will last no longer than 10-15 seconds to a properly equipped theif :(

But if it gets you a payout :D

It cost me an extra 70-80 quid a year to add my bikes, thats 3 bikes all valued at 1500 quid though. The insurance approved lock is arse though, I can guarantee the lock will last no longer than 10-15 seconds to a properly equipped theif :(

But if it gets you a payout :D

you could store your bike in a bank vault and the thieves would still get it reasonably easy.

my bike was valued at 700 and only cost a tenner???

Make sure that you tell them what kind of bike it is in a detailed way, because I got my old bike stolen and tried to claim on my insurance which I payed every month, But when I tried they turned round and said that they could'nt give my money back because it was a " Special Bike"

Just thought I would warn you.

Make sure that you tell them what kind of bike it is in a detailed way, because I got my old bike stolen and tried to claim on my insurance which I payed every month, But when I tried they turned round and said that they could'nt give my money back because it was a " Special Bike"

Just thought I would warn you.

Same thing happend to me.

I was well upset.