Dvd's

sapu

I have trials lessons and it's pretty good. Not too sure it's worth what they're asking for it, but it's got some amazing riding. The only annoying thing about it is that the voice overs in English are all in a comedy French accent - presumably the French or Spanish audio would be better... The content of the voice overs is good though and well worth listening to :). Watching these riders in action is pretty depressing though - damn they're good :)...

I've got 'Trial Lessons'. As 'psycholist' said, the voice overs are a bit annoying, however the riding is awesome and the techniques are expained very clearly. Quite regularly watch it, has certainly helped with some areas of my riding. Go for it! :D

Does the trials lessons DVD show you things like gapping to front?

9 technique chapters, each showing the technique in use in a 'real' situation and then the tutorial section:

- Balance/Trackstand.

- Rolling Back.

- Back Wheel Hopping.

- Roll Downs and Moving Down Obstacles.

- Moving the bike around on two wheels and Endos.

- Pedal Bunnyhop, Front Tapping and Hooks.

- Static Moves: Wheelswitches/replacements, Static Hooks, Front Wheel Gap.

- Side Hopping and Sidehop Gaps.

- Bunnyhopping.

(Y) As cheesy as the voice-overs are, the techniques covered are really useful and in good depth, all 3 of us here were genuinely impressed with it.

I recently purchased Crux from CRC. Not an instructional dvd but riding wise it was great. Mainly just Ryan Leech but two others have a section as well. One guy kills himself a few times trying to pegless icepick a handrail, that's on a trials bike too. I also bought that Brainchild Films: Extended Family, i really do recommend people avoid that one to be fair. As a video goes it felt like it lacked serious effort throughout. Tricks n Stunts is the way forward, still. Once you've learned 'bike control' i don't think you need to be told how to dive onto the front wheel.