Stock Disc Brake Problem

Chappie

Hi,

I've officially turned stock today! Love it!

Except. . . I have put a 160mm hope mono on the front. Im about 12 stone. Braking isnt great. . . is this because i need a bigger rotor? I have given the pads a light sand to rid of any contamination etc.

Any hep on this would be appriciated!

Cheers

put sloppy mud on it (more water than mud) on the rotor that is, then ride around holding the brake, good sharp stops also work. this way seems more effective than the run along pour water on technique, which i find glazes the pads.

oh yeh, the mud bit will remove and glazing and speed up the bedding in process...

Ok, cheers lads, ill try that and see what happens! Looks like it will be muddy tomorrow anyway :D

So you think the brake should work sharply being a 160mm on stock?

no, a 203 avid on stock isnt as powerful as a 160 on a mod, due to the torque differences

I had a 160mm hope mono on my limey ages ago, obviously it didn't work as well as it did on my mod but it worked pretty well once i bedded in with hot water.

I had to keep constantly bedding it in though because the brake got worse after a while.