Trick Advice And Vid Wanted...

Diz

I've been watching the vids on here and see theres a lot of transfers from front to back wheel when going up a ledge or something. What i wanna know is how on earth do you do it? Also if theres any slow motion video footage of the move on here?

Just checked out the slow motion vid and its not the trick i was after. My fault i didnt really describe it properly.

Its when you're hoping up a ledge etc and you launch yourself up, land front wheel first (kind of into an endo position), then switch to back wheel with the front up in the air.

Edited by Diz

I'm also struggling to learn the damned thing , so I'll be watching this thread with interest . Felix Mucke does 'em awfully smoothly in a lot of his ( excellent ) videos .

This what you're after???

Trashzen Vid Wheelswap

Hope that helps! :)

Steve

Thats the one...everyone seems to be able to do it except me :ermm: , finish work in 20 mins though so i'm gonna session it!

Its not too hard on flat ground to get em but when the object gets narrower it gets really hard.

You have to absorb the gap or up with your legs by bringing your hips toward the stem. Have your arms bent slightly too (it feels really akward but will make sense in a moment). When your rear wheel gets high enough, throw your hips back and up and push off your arms throwing them forwards. Modulate your front brake to get the front wheel moving up and forward and then suck up the rear wheel and try to get it in the same place as the front was.

It takes tons and tons of practice to get it on rails and stuff but its well worth it as its a top move. I still cant get them on narrow stuff and ive been at it for some months.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Well i had a good street session the other day and have just about managed to sort it out. Only on raised platforms and stuff. Give it a feww weeks and i'll be doing it on rails and stuff...hopefully.