Monty Brake Spray

jordon23

hi

is the monty brake spray good or not .also where can i get tar from?

thx jordon

helps if you put the text accually inside the code (Y) and most people rob it off roads heat it up and remove the rocks but if you really cant be bothered some people might have some spare that they might be able to sell you, i'm not sure about the brake spray take it's for disks? b'cuz i'd just use cheaper stuff, paying for the brand name and all that.

helps if you put the text accually inside the code (Y) and most people rob it off roads heat it up and remove the rocks but if you really cant be bothered some people might have some spare that they might be able to sell you, i'm not sure about the brake spray take it's for disks? b'cuz i'd just use cheaper stuff, paying for the brand name and all that.

disk front and a hs33 back

Ow crap >_<

After reading i was wrong, it is for magura :S

- Great little brake-improving invention from the original BikeTrials brand Monty!

- We've nicknamed this stuff 'Tar in a Can', and it's really useful to improve your brake instantly!

- Brake spray is extremely easy to apply and works great in all conditions.

- The main thing to bear in mind is that you only need a light coating - too much will make your brake worse!

- Simply dry/clean your rim off with a clean tissue or cloth, lift the wheel off the ground and spin it. While its spinning, spray a light coating on the braking surface, and then scrub it round with your brake pads. Wait a few minutes for it to dry and you're away!

- Sold in an easy-to-use single aerosol can.

Edited by BenLeacock™

After reading i was wrong, it is for magura :S

When you buy brake pads through, it says "The use of tar or brake spray my reduce wearlife on the pads."

So I dont know if it actually does any good.

I have heard that it ruins your rim and just turns really sticking and makes your brake Shit after some time.

Which results in constantly cleaning your rim and pads.

Big No No (N)

there was some on ebay a while ago, buit of a rip off if you ask me, why do you want to put sticky stuff all over your rims any way? just get a grind it'd probably be easy cheaper and wont wreck the look of a bike.

Monty brake spray is awsome.... problem is it wears off after 1 ride/a couple of hours

Its better than tar cos it actually cleans ur pads instead of gunking them up

It also feels better (less squishy than tar is the only way to describe)

The problem is its too expensive to use regularly

(Dont ask me how many sprays you get from each can though lol)

I say grind your rims lightly, use tar lightly sometimes, and monty brake spray for special occasions!

I've got some brake spray, It's pretty good. If your brake performance is a bit poor then it is a good 'quick fix'.

I've not put any on since re-grinding my rim though, there seeems to be no need.

As for cost, it seems expensive but 1 can lasts for ages as you only apply a tiny bit.

(Y)

Monty spray is much better than tar(in my experience).Tar has a lot of "-", one of them if you salve a lot of tag on rims, pads can adhere to rim.

Spray also has a "-":he is ends fast, if you ride a lot of time every day(( and I heared that some type of pads bad matched with spray...

try to use grind with hard pads...i think that you love it combination))

good luck!