Where To Get Tar From?

d8mok

ok so its roof tar that is used.

That's your best option yeah.

B&Q do it in big blocks i think, just go there and chip some off, a mate of mine did it.

A small golf-ball sized chunk is enough to last a lifetime.

To apply, spin whichever wheel you want it on, and rub the tar on the spinning rim, but not too much because the pads will stick to it.

looked on ebay and all that, but there is no tar at the moment. have you considered a rear rim grind (hand grinder needed), there are guides and a video on here showing you how it is done, just make sure you go one way with the grinder unlike me when i first tried it haha

Nick

I don't see what's wrong with the stuff you find in roads to fill cracks and stuff as long as it's kinda freshly laid and hasn't been there for years. Every now and again I ride down a posh/well maintained street (Rodney St in Liverpool ^_^ ) and nick myself a bit. As for applying it, I prefer to score several lines around my rim at a 90degree angle on both sides and when I ride it spreads it's self out... the spinning the wheel technique seems to put to much on for my liking.

PS: What B&Q stores sell it? When I have looked I have only found paintable bitumen... screw that! ^_^

Edited by Concussion

They've been doing loads of roadworks by be recently and none of them had any tar! Just this crappy stuff with stones in (not recommended to rub on your rim!). I'm on the hunt as well. :shifty: