Kamel Vs. Xtp Short

Jay9

Hey guys, just after your opinions on the pros and cons of both the kamel and the XTP short. Not sure which one I should get?

My mate just recently got a kamel and its longer than the XTP, which makes it good when your trying to lift up on something cos it reduces the angle. It's also really stable when you're hopping on the rear wheel. Another friend of mine just recently bought a short XTP and he said the things really light and 'flickable'. It's also really easy to gap to the backwheel because of it's geometry.

a kamel and its longer than the XTP,

haha no shit, a kamel feels like its twice as long :P

Personally go for the XTP because I prefer short mods anyway. It depends on what moves you want to do. If you want sidehops and pigeons get the kamel, but it you want bunnyhops + rolly moves, get the XTP. Having said that, you can still sidehop an XTP pretty nicely anway, but pigeoning is pretty hard with a short wheelbase as you said :P

XTP +1

A friend of mine had like 4 xtps in the past year. They all broke. He's riding very smooth, no drops no killer gaps, natural mostly. He said that he likes the geo, but he was bored of changing the frames one after another. He's riding monty camel at the moment a he wrote a little review about it. The bottom bracket needs some extra spacers to keep the chain in line with cog. And the chain cant be raplaced by anything wider, because it's too close to frame. Well he gave it 4/5 points.