through Axle Adapter?

NoValidTitle

Have a look round shops like CRC and wiggle. Im pretty sure they do an adaptor to convert 20mm to QR, as I have one that came with my old front wheel. Not sure if it was just for my hub specifically, but im almost 100% sure you can get them. Its basically an extra axel that slips inside the hub with a QR sized hole through the middle, and has 2 threaded cups either side, that screw in to fasten the axel in the middle. That was a terrible description but you get what I mean.

Through axles are 110mm spaced while standard axles are 100mm, so unless you can remove 10mm of space between the hub and frame (And maintain the correct disk spacing) it's not likely to work. Some bolt through hubs can be changed over like this though I've no idea about Chris King hubs. There is the option to swap for a QR hub or sell for profit and buy a QR hub...

Axle lengths: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-spacing.html

Hope BULBs can be changed between QR20 and quick release (see 1st reply - I can't do any better) but unfortunately that is not much help with King hubs.

I've had a quick look at their website and by the look of it they are not compatible as the QR20 info says 'We had to design an entirely new bearing for this guy. It is about the same size as a one inch headset bearing. Bigger than anything else out there. '

I may be wrong, you can always try e-mailing them.

Leeson may be worth a go for QR20 forks, not sure though.