Headsets, Internal/standard

Ben H!

My frame will only take internal headsets. I thought that on most frames it would take one or the other please correct me if I am wrong.

Youre correct, a frame will only accept either an internal or standard headset; they arent interchangeable.

There is alot more choice when it comes to standard headsets :)

Is there a any difference apart from one it sits in the frame and the other sits outside the frame.

Not really :)

Technically the standard one sits above the frame but thats just being pedantic :D

I seem to remember when the internal headsets first came out there was some sort of debate as to why they were crap and would soon become obsolete, not sure whether it was just luddites talking or whether there was a legitimate reasoning behind it; possibly because there was such a limited choice of internal headsets available at the time.

Not really :)

Technically the standard one sits above the frame but thats just being pedantic :D

I seem to remember when the internal headsets first came out there was some sort of debate as to why they were crap and would soon become obsolete, not sure whether it was just luddites talking or whether there was a legitimate reasoning behind it; possibly because there was such a limited choice of internal headsets available at the time.

I understand it all now I think. Thanks mate.