Isle Of Man

minitrialer

Just want some general opinions/chat/banter on the Isle of Man really. Was watching Top Gear the other day and thought, hmmm would be cool to go with a few mates, few cars to the Isle of man. Not JUST for the no speed limits and good roads, but just a general little adventure and banter! Anyone ever done it/recommend it/live there? I know it's expensive and I know there are probably better places, just thought it would be a good idea.....

You should go on Xlr8 which is the islands car site basically and see if you can get some one to show you round a bit, surprising for such a small place how easy you could get lost on the back roads :lol: .

If your coming over to really thrash your car, make sure your suspension is up to it, cos are roads are shit, seriously. You will also want to be staying in Douglas if your wanting to do something else apart from drive , and its fairly central.

If you want to know anything else just pm me. :)

Check out some of this guysVideos as well, shows some of the roads on the island.

Cheers pal. Just an idea at the moment but I think I will do it at some point. Very helpful, that video was wicked! So is it no speed limits on most roads? How bad are the roads? They didn't look too bad on the vids, but it's quite hard to tell at those speeds! :P

Cheers pal. Just an idea at the moment but I think I will do it at some point. Very helpful, that video was wicked! So is it no speed limits on most roads? How bad are the roads? They didn't look too bad on the vids, but it's quite hard to tell at those speeds! :P

f**k me they're terrible, especially when you're not driving on the TT course but even then they can still be pretty bad. So I wouldn't bother if your car is a bit bouncy and close to the ground :S