Brake Bleed

jordon23

orite,

everyone uses seems to use water because it has a quicker lever feel. But in time water can rot your seals. Oh yeah, people aslo use water cos its free mate. And oil is the best for running hydrauilic brakes because it lubricates everything.

I prefer water mate. I can't be arsed paying 4 quid for a little bottle.

Its a good question everyone seems to wanna know the answer to!

If you chuck it into the search, im sure there is a massive topic on it !!!

But from my understanding, water gives a better feel + its free + its easy to re-bleed your brake.

Only neagive is it kills the seals, but that is only after around 3 years when your maggie will be getting tired any how!

OK, What i do is every time i bleed my brake i will put water in them. But the next time i whack some oil in there so that it lubes up all the parts. the brake feels crappy but oh well lol :(.

Hope i helped.

P.s if u don't want to do that then just whack some gt-85 in there then flush it out a bit later that way there will be lube in there.

Scott.

Mate the best thing to do is bath bleed you brakes using water abit of ANY oil and some antifreeze

thats all you need to do

Well if i did that in the bath my mum would not be very happy because crappy oil would be in the bath.

P.s

Think about it oil in bath= Slippy....Slipping up and maybe cracking head open = Death.

Also water is more dense that oil so the oil would float on top of the water.

Edited by titty boy

Well if i did that in the bath my mum would not be very happy because crappy oil would be in the bath.

P.s

Think about it oil in bath= Slippy....Slipping up and maybe cracking head open = Death.

yes thats y u wash the bath after or use a bucket

and if you you your brakes alot it will keep it mixed together :D

P.s

Hah

You make me laugh!

Either wash the bath after,

Or use a sink, which is soo much easier anyway!!

Mate the best thing to do is bath bleed you brakes using water abit of ANY oil and some antifreeze

thats all you need to do

Yep, go right ahead and whack dot 4 oil in there and feel that lovelly mushyness right before your seals corrode. Which will be after about 24hours....