Crank Rubbing, Cranks Keep Rounding Off!

tris

Basically the other day my cranks rounded off (They are square taper). So firstly i replaced the cranks. Then they rounded, again. So i replaced the BB with a new-ish one, and bought brand new squre taper DDG Cranks, which are meant to be good.

I then tightened the frick out of them, not overtight though.

Firstly they where rubbing on my frame (A common problem on Onza Zoots). The force from the pedal kick makes them bend and t5hey rub..... This means my frame is getting scratched, any ideas?? they are 175mm. i had 165 previously. Any cures??

Second problem is REALLY annoying, cranks or BB have become loose (Rounded) again!!!!! How the hell can i stop them rounding off??

Also on Tarty bikes there is no cranks with 5 bolt fixing, however there is bashrings and chain rings (5 bolt), WTF!!!

Where can i get good 5 bolt ISIS cranks?? i'm fedup with shitty square.

Also can anyone tell me what size ISIS bb do i need for my Zoot?? and to prevent it rubbing??

Help Much appreciated. Thanks guys.

ok. where can i get good ISIS 5 bolt cranks?? tarty bikes only sells screw-on, which is confusing because they don't sell screw on chainrings......

and what size BB does my bike require to run a front chainring without the crank arms rubbing?? thanks

Ok,

Firstly... go isis.

Secondly... go isis.

Thirdly... you can't get a great set of 5-arm cranks that a sq taper.

Ah the ignorance of yoof :P

Middleburn do an excellent set of 5 bolt CD pattern square taper cranks, I happen to have a set on mt santcruz ;)

If you pick up a 2nd hand pair of middleburns then I think its about 25-30 quid for the 5 bolt spider to fit, means you can also use a middleburn trials bash in the future if you so desire.

I have NEVER had a square taper crank round, I cant understand how people manage it :S

Put some antisieze on the taper and bolt and tighten it up, I ususally do mine by standing on the end of the allen key (long allen key) whilst the brakes are held on.

Working out that I weigh about 12 stone going through a 200mm long allen key thats about 150Nm torque on the bolts, possibly a bit high but they never come loose, strip or round :D