Do You Take High-risks?

mintsauce

Just as well you had the cash incentive otherwise no one would have filled it.

Apparently money can't buy you happiness, but as it turns out, it certainly can buy you participants

I had the questionnaire online for two days and got thirteen replies. So I added the cash incentive and in two days got.... 200 replies

Edited by mintsauce

I had the questionnaire online for two days and got thirteen replies. So I added the cash incentive and in two days got.... 200 replies

Was it advertised here before there was a cash prize? I'd probably have filled it anyway - I've filled enough random online surveys for people, when the subject is obscure... It's a royal pain trying to get a statistically significant sample together for research when you're trying to get that sample from a group that only makes up a small part of the population in the first place.

Was it advertised here before there was a cash prize? I'd probably have filled it anyway - I've filled enough random online surveys for people, when the subject is obscure... It's a royal pain trying to get a statistically significant sample together for research when you're trying to get that sample from a group that only makes up a small part of the population in the first place.
Yeah well those of us that participate in high-risk dedicated sports, only make a tiny percentage against those of us who are certified couch-potatos sitting on their arses watching tv and eating comfort food. that is what makes this study unique.

You're right, it wasn't posted on here without the cash incentive so it's the other high-risk sport participants in the world that respond when you wave dosh in their face - hehe.

I think that anyone who has ever had the torture of trying to collect data from obscure populations, like you by the sounds of it, will have some degree of empathy and often spare a little time regardless of any incentive.

After data inputting this afternoon so far the sport of bike trials is the most represented sport in the sample - THANKS EVERYONE!!

Yeah well those of us that participate in high-risk dedicated sports, only make a tiny percentage against those of us who are certified couch-potatos sitting on their arses watching tv and eating comfort food. that is what makes this study unique.

Unless I'm reading it wrong I believe psycholist is arguing the very same point as yourself.

You're right, it's definitely more interesting studying risk takers than couch potatoes!

Peace

Barlow

You could argue that couch potatoes take a whole different set of risks though :P...

Thankfully I've never had to gather data from a obscure group of people, but I know people who have had to do it for their research work, but I have a reasonable understanding of the underlying principles. I'm hosting a guy's thesis on XC mtbing on my web space (Based on another online survey) if anyone's looking for a long but interesting read :)...

http://www.skynet.ie/~ceason/MTB_Thesis/Mi...issertation.pdf