Biu World Championships

Badboy

Is Jack the only one who went????

What about all the others,

COME ON UK Biketrial keep us informed :angry:

John

Jesus crist, keep your knickers on :S.

He said well done to all the UK riders with an extra special well done to Jack?? What are you angry about?

Full results are here: http://www.wbc2008.jp/eng/modules/news/art....php?storyid=20

Not that you haven't already seen them.

Jesus crist, keep your knickers on :S.

He said well done to all the UK riders with an extra special well done to Jack?? What are you angry about?

Full results are here: http://www.wbc2008.jp/eng/modules/news/art....php?storyid=20

Not that you haven't already seen them.

Thanks Phil, I actually hadn't seen them.

Couple of quick questions though

Where would Jack have come had he not been disqualified and which Brits actaully rode because the original entry list is nothing like the results. Oh and Barry how are you going to resolve the issue of the last round of the Brits/Europs where the likes of James Sherridan is UK elite but not world?

Where would Jack have come had he not been disqualified and which Brits actaully rode because the original entry list is nothing like the results. Oh and Barry how are you going to resolve the issue of the last round of the Brits/Europs where the likes of James Sherridan is UK elite but not world?

Simple answer to this - riders will ride their normal British Championship route - entry form and details can be viewed/downloaded from www.ukbiketrial.co.uk.

I have already sent or emailed an entry form and fact sheet to all British BIU licence holders and riders who have ridden in the Championship this year so far explaining the format of this event

Hook Wood is always a good event -look forward to seeing everyone there (ENTRY FORMS NOW PLEASE - I'm sure you know by now if youre coming)

Anyone wants more details give me a call - 01702 559137 from next Monday eve as am away this weekend.

Dave B - trial secretary for this event (as usual!!)

Edited by noworries

hi dave,

sorry , but i still dont see how this works , if i were riding a european cup in europe i would be riding senior red route as i did when i won in latvia and as i did when i rode in belgium, the same applies to some riders who are elite in the brit rounds but would ride junior in a euro cup round , if i wanted just to score in the euro cup and not in the brit round as ive missed them all but one could i do that and ride red senior.

james.

Well done jacky boy (Y):)

Jack would have come 2nd i think mick? no1 will know, as they probably only looked at the results to try work things out. i bet i know more than most others.

If jack hadnt of been disqualified, he would have poss had 10+ penalty points onto his score in spain which would have left him in 3rd?or 4th? cant remem which.

His points scored from this would have lent him into 2nd.

It would have been nice for a better description of ACTUALLY what happened to jack in spain and he did pay 50 Euro's to complain as far as i was aware also :( never mind eh. its the luck of the draw. he'll be back better and stronger next year, maybe in the category up but he'll be back.

As i put in my topic in chit-chat well done to who ever went, shame there wasnt the usual 30+ riders at each event as there have been in the previous 2 years that i have been travelling to the worlds. i think there was nearly more riders travel to Japan in 2006 than Great Britain had registered to ride all together this year :(

Hopefully see some people next year at the worlds..............unless something else crops up.....

Wayne.

Dave, so just to clarify

"British Championship riders will ride their normal British Championdhip category.The event will consist of two laps of ten sections. Punch cards will be used for marking rider’s scores. Results and awards will be presented on the day.

Riders who want to be classified in the European Cup results must also have a 2008 BIU BikeTrial licence."

This means James can't enter both?

Don't hold me by this or anything, I don't actually know, I'm just guessing, but it's just a thought.

If you ride in the BIU British Championships you're seeded to ride in the age group you're classified for. Because it's a Euro round the same seedings/ route you ride will be the same as a British Championship round. Meaning it might be different to the way World Championship seedings work.

Edited by totaltrials

Dave, so just to clarify

"British Championship riders will ride their normal British Championdhip category.The event will consist of two laps of ten sections. Punch cards will be used for marking rider's scores. Results and awards will be presented on the day.

Riders who want to be classified in the European Cup results must also have a 2008 BIU BikeTrial licence."

This means James can't enter both?

Mick

This trial is a round of the British Championship. It is not a two different trials. British riders have to ride their normal British age related category and seeded British Elite riders ride the Elite route. The sections will be to British championship level and not to World or European Championship level. If a British Elite rider chooses to ride down a route then he is riding on a no award basis and this applies to both the British Championship and EU Cup. The EU Cup is not a championship but it does give the foriegn riders who have entered a chance of an award as they will not be eligible for British Championship awards. The EU cup awards go to the best placed BIU licence holders in each category whether they are british or foriegn riders. This has always been the format of the trial and was agreed with the EBU earlier this year.

Dave

sum things will never change matt.

but one thing that i think i have spotted is, i think people are more getting at "how un strong" the BIU team was? maybe it was because of all the stuff that happened last year? but for the benefit of the sport in this country you would want to take a strong team to do your country proud. to me personally this STEMS from the organisers and the delegates?

maybe im missing the point, but IMO this is where the poor achievement of the team has stemm'd from, as when i rode in 2005/06 i was encouraged to go to the worlds as i could do well and help the "Great Britain" team to sucess.

i dont think british cycling would want to take the approach that the current BIU organisers have. god do you think they owuld have won 12 or how ever many gold medals they won at the olympics????

Just my thought on things. (Y):)

Wayne.

First of all I'm not trying to stir any s**t, I've had contact from a few people thinking it was something to with me, all I was trying to do was clarify the situation.

What's led to the confusion is this that's on the ukbiketrial web site,

The 3rd and final round at Hook Woods, Surrey on 21st September will be incorporating the final round of the European Cup. Riders who hold a current BIU licence will qualify for championship points in both the British and European Competition, however riders without a BIU licence are only eligible for British Championship points.

That statement clearly states that riders can gain points from both competitions which is impossible for those british ranked seeded riders who compete at the euro's at their world ranking, eg Sherrdan, Porter, Astbury, Rankin to name but a few.

First of all I'm not trying to stir any s**t, I've had contact from a few people thinking it was something to with me, all I was trying to do was clarify the situation.

What's led to the confusion is this that's on the ukbiketrial web site,

The 3rd and final round at Hook Woods, Surrey on 21st September will be incorporating the final round of the European Cup. Riders who hold a current BIU licence will qualify for championship points in both the British and European Competition, however riders without a BIU licence are only eligible for British Championship points.

That statement clearly states that riders can gain points from both competitions which is impossible for those british ranked seeded riders who compete at the euro's at their world ranking, eg Sherrdan, Porter, Astbury, Rankin to name but a few.

whoops.......

I see what you mean Mick about the confusion. The statement on the ukbiketrial web site is wrong, it has been put on in error and will be removed. The EU Cup trials are not championship competitions and never have been.

My reply I added to your post yesterday is the correct format for the competition.

Thanks for highlighting the confusion for me, if riders are still concerned they can give phone call.

Dave

Edited by noworries

Im looking forward to riding this comp...... i love hook wood its allways fun!

I will be riding with no pressure either as i will be there on a non-award basis. BONUS!

With regards to the smaller team that went out to the Worlds this year, i would have to agree that some riders were put off due to the state of BIU in britain. It has had some problems over the last few years leaving a divide. If we dont get past this, like i think we should it could be some years before we show the world what we can really acheive when a full strength team go out there.

This is no dissrespect to the guys who went, you done a wicked job!

I think the state of biketrial in the uk is partly to blame for the smaller numbers entering the biu world champs but i dont think its the main reason. the main reason is the new categorisation which in my opinion is stupid and the general discontent with the way the biu events are run in comparison the the uci with respects to the actual organisation and set up of the events and the rules. in my opinion the biu will die out soon despite the uci's elitist approach so there will be a void unless the uci makes an effort at the lower levels like the biu has always done.

Please clear up the confusion.

If I rode would my result count for the UK comp AND the euro comp?

Ben.

Yeah i think so.

They way ive worked it out to be is- If someone only has an acu license they only ride the british championship, If they have a BIU license they quilify for the british championship and euro cup, and all the foreign boys only get classed into the euro cup

Hope thats right lol

I think the state of biketrial in the uk is partly to blame for the smaller numbers entering the biu world champs but i dont think its the main reason. the main reason is the new categorisation which in my opinion is stupid and the general discontent with the way the biu events are run in comparison the the uci with respects to the actual organisation and set up of the events and the rules. in my opinion the biu will die out soon despite the uci's elitist approach so there will be a void unless the uci makes an effort at the lower levels like the biu has always done.

Spot on. As long as UCI comps are only for top riders, then they will never dominate trials. I've never understood the trend to mock BIU rules and praise UCI. As far as I'm aware the UCI do nothing to support and promote the sport at grass roots level, or is that just in this country? We really need an injection of life into the sport if it is ever to flourish. In my eyes I've never seen the sport at such a low in this country, so few committed riders willing to practice or compete every weekend :(

Please clear up the confusion.

If I rode would my result count for the UK comp AND the euro comp?

Ben.

Hi Ben,

The answer is yes. There is only one competion but two sets of results. Foreign riders cannot take points or places in the British Championship results. So the winner in each British Championship category will be the best placed British rider. The winners in the EU Cup results will be the best placed rider in each category who has a BIU licence whether they are British or foreign. Hope this makes things clearer.

Look forward to seeing you there,

Dave

How are you going to deal with massive ques? First thing I thought was everyone would be queing for maybe twice as long :S .

I don't see why it's so hard for people to understand the format of the comp. Your basically riding 2 comps at the same time.

I might pop down for a giggle, not sure yet.

Like to see you but could you enter in advance this year!!!!!!!!

Dave :giggle: