Wellgo Magnesium Replacement Pins

TrAsHeR

I've got 2 sets of these and my mate has a set aswell, as far as I can tell, they never snap, they rip the thread out of the pedal, you you will never manage to get new pins to screw in.

I mended mine by drilling the hole through the pedal body, then tapping it and putting a bolt through, it's been good for a few months now.

How have they been "lost" though?

Have they just come loose and fallen out, or have they been ripped out of the pedal body?

No point in buying loads if you can't screw them in. As Muel said, you might need to drill and tap some new threads.

I saw years and years ago someone who had drilled all the way through the pin hole, then screwed in the sharpest self tappers I have ever seen. Super grippy, but if they made contact with your shin; it would surely be a hospital job.

A friend of mine got the DMR Terror Pin replacement pins and put them in his MG-1s. They end up being as long as the pins that come as standard in those pedals are. If you've got one side which is your 'hitting' side (As in you keep one side relatively clean/unbattered), you could always get the shorter DMR pins so they don't stick out as much, so if you hit the pedal on rocks/children/walls/whatever they're less likely to rip the pins out, but will still give you grip if you have your foot on that side?

Mine killed the thread when they came out though, is there someway to fix it or am i gonna have to live with an only half grippy pedal?

I've got 2 sets of these and my mate has a set aswell, as far as I can tell, they never snap, they rip the thread out of the pedal, you you will never manage to get new pins to screw in.

I mended mine by drilling the hole through the pedal body, then tapping it and putting a bolt through, it's been good for a few months now.

How have they been "lost" though?

Have they just come loose and fallen out, or have they been ripped out of the pedal body?

No point in buying loads if you can't screw them in. As Muel said, you might need to drill and tap some new threads.

I saw years and years ago someone who had drilled all the way through the pin hole, then screwed in the sharpest self tappers I have ever seen. Super grippy, but if they made contact with your shin; it would surely be a hospital job.

easiest way is to just drill straight through and screw in some timber screws and cut down to required length.

magnesium is a soft metal, the pins pull out rediculously easily, no point replacing with more pins (prob can't anyway)

(Y)

http://www.ironmongeryonline.com/clickcart...w&ref=C1739

You asked how to replace the pins, you've been told that generally the threads get ruined when the pins come out (lets face it, they dont become loose and unwind themselves fall out)

As long as your not worried about aesthetics, do what Joe said, drill and screw, its the cheapest option, can be re-done if need be, and you can have whatever length pin you want with a f**k off point for grip if you want lol