19" Rim Build

Jack Chinnery

Right before you say "look at the wiki" lol

i need help im about to order a echo rim off tarty but i currently run a onza 20" wat do i do? i already have the spokes and hub ?? hmmm

do i need to order some new spokes specialy for 19"

i need info lol

cheers jack

Edited by Onza t-vee rider jack :)

I don't think you will be able to run a 19" rim if you were running a 20" before if your running a rim brake because it won't set up properly?

except maybe if you can get adapters?

Only half inch difference at the point where the brakes hit the rim. Should be able to take it up with adjustment.

It has been done, because Onza frames tend to hae super long drop-outs, so you can get an extra link out of the chain, then angle the slaves to point downwards.

I'd just get a strong front rim if I were you, or get a better frame.

• 3 weeks later...

They fall under the same catagory on the website, yes, but they come in many different lengths depending on the hub and rim ERD.

Obviously the spokes from your 20" wheel would be too long for a 19" rim, as the rim is smaller. Ring Tartybikes, tell them your hub and rim, and they'll sort the length out for you!

Spokes aren't a one-size-fits-all item. Please don't try and call me out, I'm not a retard.

As Dan said, if you want to know the right length of spokes for your wheel build, either use a spoke calculator (If you know the hubs flange diameters and center to flange distances, and the rims ERD) or ring up Tarty and tell them what rim/hub you want to use. Chances are they'll be somewhere between 182 and 188 anyway for a standard 3x rear wheel build.

EDIT: Are you going to build the wheel yourself?

Edited by Mark King